1,699 results
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefrench quarterindoor poolevening receptionfull kitchencomplimentary breakfastsuper domeliving areabusiness districtwalking distancerooms are largebourbon streetfew blockshotel is in a great locationyogurtvalet parkingan easy walk
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted to take a minute and say THANK YOU to all the staff at homewood suites!! My family and I stayed here while I was in NOLA for summit. They provided breakfast everyday and excellent manager receptions during the evening. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. They had a quaint pool area and a top of the line gym. The front desk, concierge, food attendants, every employee that I encountered always had a smile on their face and were friendly and happy to assist anyone who needed it. This hotel was also close to everywhere we needed to go or was a short ride with Uber, short walk to the trolley. When we come back that way we will definitely be staying here again!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Terri P, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thanks so much for choosing our hotel and for choosing to share such an amazing review of your stay.

I also wanted to say thanks for recognizing the genuine service provided by our team. Our people make all the difference and we are truly happy to be able to work with each other and we do hope that shows in all we do. We are blessed with good jobs in the community we love serving the world's best guests. All of that is thank to you and all of our awesome guests that choose our property. Your business really means the world to each of us here.

Please do keep us in mind when next you are in the area. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Overall the stay was good. If you are planning to stay here, read the reviews so you know what to expect. There are issues that are consistently mentioned; such as issues with the performance of housekeeping and the hotel being in need of renovation. The hotel is basic but not a total nightmare. They need to pay attention to housekeeping issues.

First tip – DO NOT PAY $38 TO VALET PARK. YOU CAN PARK FOR $20 IN A GARAGE ADJACENT TO THE HOTEL THAT GIVES YOU 24 HR ACCESS IN/OUT PRIVELEGES. You enter the garage on Penn street and it’s a 2 minute walk to the lobby. You can also park on the street overnight for free. You just need to move the vehicle before 8 a.m. IF YOU HAVE DISABILITY TAG OR PLATES PARKING IS FREE DURING THE DAY UP TO 3 HRS. Visit New Orlean’s Parking Authority website for details.

I booked two rooms here; a one bedroom suite and a two king bedroom with two baths and a balcony. We had balconies in both suites but they were small and the hot air from the air system vented onto them so you really couldn’t enjoy that space. The rooms were not thoroughly cleaned. The dishwasher has something sticky on it, but I was able to remove it with some water and paper towels. I did the same for the stove. The coffee maker was filthy. I had to put all the parts in this washer and wipe down the base. In the larger suite, we found socks and other items left behind by the previous guest.

We rented the suites for the space and to use the sofa beds. When we returned late at night and begun to make up the sofa bed, I found only a blanket and a fitted sheet –no top sheet or pillow case. I called the front desk to ask that these items be sent up, the front desk staff said she was alone and that I would need to come down. The next morning, I found out that the second room I booked had the same issue and also had to make the late night track to the lobby for sheets. On the last day, we were attempting to get ready and noticed we didn’t have any clean towels in the room. We spoke with the housekeeper on our floor (12th floor) to request towels. She later showed up with shampoo –no towels. We called the front desk several times the phone was never answered. We then decided to go floor by floor, asking each housekeeper for towels until we had what we needed.

Breakfast food and the evening reception were decent. There were plenty of choices for everyone and the evening reception had wine and beer offerings. The breakfast staff seemed a bit rude at times. When they ran out of food, they were short-tempered with anyone who asked them about it. The manager, however, was nice and made sure the food got out but she seemed to overlook the demeanor of her staff. At one point, I heard one staff member brag to her about how she rudely addressed a guest. I intentionally glanced over at them to make them aware that I heard their conversation.
The pool, hot tub, gym and business center were decent. Although, the computers were a bit slow. Coffee is available in the lobby throughout the day. The doormen are awesome.

The hotel is located in the central business district and is walking distance to the super dome, the casino and aquarium.

The hotel has a policy “we make it right or your night is free” so make them aware of any issues that you have.

Room Tip: Upper Level rooms have good views. Do not pay for $38 for parking. Garage adjacent to hotel is $20 for 24hrs. with in and out access.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank theexpert

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience as our guest. I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your guestroom and the lack of service provided upon your stay. I have shared your comment about the condition of your room with the Housekeeping Leadership and emphasized the importance of ensuring that our rooms are well-cleaned for each and every guest. Should you decide to give our property another try, we will do our very best to ensure you have a much better than expected experience. If there is anything we can do furthermore please call the hotel and ask to speak to our Operations Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We enjoyed are stay and the room size was well worth the price. The issues we had was with our first room assignment. The room had a strong mildew smell but we were moves to another room quickly. The indoor pool was freezing abd the hot tub was boiling. Other than that the stay, room size and location was great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Nakeia B
Blake L, Management at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hello Nakeia B and thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize if your stay wasn't absolutely perfect. I assure you there is not a mold problem in this building. We take the subject very seriously and would not allow it to exist. I will tell you that we do have quite a bit of humidity in the air in New Orleans in general. That along with cedar pollen, oak pollen, and various other allergens. If you have allergies, it makes it very tough. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Excellent stay! Huge, clean and spacious room. Staff was so very kind. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance from the Fench Quarters and away from the chaos when you are ready to get away from it all. Great restaurants nearby. I truly enjoyed this hotel. The room was absolutely incredible!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Blake L, Management at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. Were happy to hear you enjoyed our location with the great places in the surrounding areas. We hope you travel to our great city of New Orleans again soon and when you do be sure to let us know so we can have your room ready and waiting.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I recently stayed in the Homewood Suites for business travel; I have never been to New Orleans and this was an enjoyable stay for me. Rooms at the Homewood suites have a single bathroom, a bedroom with two beds and a TV, and a common area with a kitchenette, couch, and TV also. Rooms were clean when I arrived and the guest has the option to have sheets / towels changed out each day or to conserve water and refuse room services. Each weekday morning, a hot breakfast is ready at 6:30 (7:00 on weekends). The valet service was convenient; the hotel employed a text service--I only needed to text a code to a phone number and my car was ready in 5 to 15 minutes (based on demand, traffic, etc.). Overall, if I were to return to New Orleans, I would certainly stay at the Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Brad Y
Blake L, Management at Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. You were really able to highlight our property well and I know other prospective guests will appreciate it. From the description of the rooms to the acknowledgement of the valets we are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!!!Thank you for your business and we can't wait to welcome you back next time you are in town.