Stayed here from Oct.22 to Oct.29 and overall we were extremely satisfied with this hotel. Now the problem................ I booked my stay in April and I and I used eCheck-in following the eCheck-in rules. I was told I had room a room on the 9th floor with a balcony. ( I think it was 910). This was perfect and I was extremely pleased with the eCheck-in process. Then when we arrived and we were told that that room was not ready for us yet which was not a problem as we did arrive a little bit early. We were told that that room would be ready in a couple of hours.
The girl at the desk secured our luggage and we went for a walk around the city. We returned a couple of hours later and I was told that we could not have room 910 because someone else was in that room. WHY ?? I thought I had secured that room with eCheck In?
She told me that she had moved us to room 216. We went to room 216 and I found a much smaller room that the suite I had seen online! Then I went out on the balcony and there was a commercial fan mounted about 8ft up on the wall and this was the loudest fan I had ever heard. There also did not appear any way to turn it off. This would have made it impossible to enjoy this balcony with my wife. There was no way I was spending 7 nights in this tiny, noisy room.
I returned to the desk and informed the girl that this room was not acceptable. She checked availabilty again and told me that I could have room 1114 which was a full size suite without a balcony. I told her that would be fine and we waited in the lobby until that room was ready. At about 4:45 we finally were in this room. The room was great, large, very clean and lots of room. Nice kitchen area with all you needed for a nice comfortable stay.
The rest of our stay there was very nice. The included daily breakfast buffet was nice. ( it was also a money and time saver) Didn't have to waste half your morning looking for a place to have breakfast. The evening "welcome home dinner" (mon-thurs) was also a nice feature even if you just needed a break and wanted to relax for a little bit with a light meal and a glass of beer or wine before venturing out to explore more of the city.
This hotel is also in a nice location. Within walking distance to the French Quarter and 2 blocks to the St Charles streetcar so it was close to everything if you utilize the streetcar system.
Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice large and clean suites, breakfast and evening light meal.......what more could you want for an extremely reasonable nightly rate. I highly recommend this hotel for your trip to NOLA. When I return I will definately stay at "Homewwod Suites".
My only issue was the eCheck-In. Why would you offer this option if you can't get the room you reserved. eCheck-In states "check in on line and just stop by the desk and get your room key". Didn't work that way for me and I hope others have better luck with it than I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 166 all suite hotel in downtown New Orleans. Many complimentary amenities are included in the rate that is provided such as a hot buffet breakfast, free wifi, and a light dinner meal with beer/wine service Mon-Thu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Hilton Hotels Direct, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Homewood New Orleans
- New Orleans Homewood Suites