“Great Hotel !!...Not so sure about eCheck-in.”

Homewood Suites New Orleans
Ranked #90 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed here from Oct.22 to Oct.29 and overall we were extremely satisfied with this hotel. Now the problem................ I booked my stay in April and I and I used eCheck-in following the eCheck-in rules. I was told I had room a room on the 9th floor with a balcony. ( I think it was 910). This was perfect and I was extremely pleased with the eCheck-in process. Then when we arrived and we were told that that room was not ready for us yet which was not a problem as we did arrive a little bit early. We were told that that room would be ready in a couple of hours.
The girl at the desk secured our luggage and we went for a walk around the city. We returned a couple of hours later and I was told that we could not have room 910 because someone else was in that room. WHY ?? I thought I had secured that room with eCheck In?
She told me that she had moved us to room 216. We went to room 216 and I found a much smaller room that the suite I had seen online! Then I went out on the balcony and there was a commercial fan mounted about 8ft up on the wall and this was the loudest fan I had ever heard. There also did not appear any way to turn it off. This would have made it impossible to enjoy this balcony with my wife. There was no way I was spending 7 nights in this tiny, noisy room.
I returned to the desk and informed the girl that this room was not acceptable. She checked availabilty again and told me that I could have room 1114 which was a full size suite without a balcony. I told her that would be fine and we waited in the lobby until that room was ready. At about 4:45 we finally were in this room. The room was great, large, very clean and lots of room. Nice kitchen area with all you needed for a nice comfortable stay.
The rest of our stay there was very nice. The included daily breakfast buffet was nice. ( it was also a money and time saver) Didn't have to waste half your morning looking for a place to have breakfast. The evening "welcome home dinner" (mon-thurs) was also a nice feature even if you just needed a break and wanted to relax for a little bit with a light meal and a glass of beer or wine before venturing out to explore more of the city.
This hotel is also in a nice location. Within walking distance to the French Quarter and 2 blocks to the St Charles streetcar so it was close to everything if you utilize the streetcar system.
Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice large and clean suites, breakfast and evening light meal.......what more could you want for an extremely reasonable nightly rate. I highly recommend this hotel for your trip to NOLA. When I return I will definately stay at "Homewwod Suites".
My only issue was the eCheck-In. Why would you offer this option if you can't get the room you reserved. eCheck-In states "check in on line and just stop by the desk and get your room key". Didn't work that way for me and I hope others have better luck with it than I did.

Room Tip: Do not pick room 216. Much smaller suite than what is pictured online.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gr3158
Keith N, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Hi gr3158,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us this past October. We would like to thank you for saying that you would definitely stay with us again. We also apologize for the confusion that you experienced in regards to your eCheck-in. Your comments have been passed on to the relevant dpartments, and the issue will be addressed. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 5 November 2011

My wife and i stayed 7 nights at this hotel, from October 15 to October 22, 2011. It is located just outside of the French Quarter, ( About a 15 minute walk to Jackson Square.) or (Two blocks from the nearest streetcar stop). The rooms were clean, spacious, and well maintained. All rooms have a fully equipped kitchenette,and a fully furnished living room. The bedroom is separated from the Living room by a set of double doors and is furnished with 2 double beds. The bathroom, which is off the bedroom, is separated from the vanity area. The room has two T.V.'s,( one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Also included is free ethernet hook ups in the room and free U.S.A. Today papers delivered to your door on weekday mornings. Buffet breakfasts are included daily and buffet dinners with wine and beer on weekdays.
If your looking for the most bang for your buck, you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank breezes2
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed one night to go to a concert at the New Orleans Arena. Rooms are clean. Close to everything. We walked to the Arena. The rooms are spacious, comes complete with full kitchen and free internet! Bed are comfotable....You even get a free hot breakfast! I would recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Hi rcjwill,

Thanks for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and found the location convenient for your travel needs. We hope to see you return if you visit New Orleans in the future. Safe travels!

Heather Harris

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We made a reservation 5 months ago for a family wedding we attended. This included a baby bed for our two bedroom suite. We even confirmed it a couple of days before we left and verified the baby bed. Our flight arrived at 8:30 pm, arrived at 9:15 pm. No baby bed. They only have one for the whole hotel per front desk clerk. So don't stay if you have an infant, because good chance they won't have it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Hi BigGuyfromDallas,

First, I would like to start off by thanking you for staying with us this past October. We truly appreciate your business!

Secondly, I want to apoligize for just getting back to you. Your experience was of great concern to us so I did some research and discovered that we actually do have a few bay beds/cribs. I am truly sorry that you were not supplied with a baby bed and have addressed this issue with all relevant departments. If you would like to discuss the matter furher you may reach me at keith.normand@hilton.com or 504-581-5599.

Once again, thank you for your business!

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel on the end of June 2011.
1. Location - Close to the French Quarter .The Canal st. and the Bourbon st., is about 5-8 minutes walk.
2. The suite - Very spacious, comfortable beds. Full kitchen, including cutlery, dishes and dishwasher. A big Lcd TV. And a free internet. We had also a little balcony which was awesome. For us it was a very convenient suite.
3. The hotel – It is a friendly hotel. In this hotel the suite price included breakfast and light dinner (in the midweek), they call it, Welcome Home reception, but its' actually a kind of a dinner. There is a computer room with printers so it was very convenient to do and print the check-in to our flight back to New York.
4. We will recommend to all our friends this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi Noga A,

Thanks for the fantastic and helpful review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you return soon! Safe travels!

Heather Harris