“Great Surprise”

Ranked #1,011 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Inhale Pitas. Exhale Negativity. Pita Pit is your one stop sandwich shop for #realfood! Choose from 20 proteins, topped with 30 veggies. What's your favorite sauce? We've got 20! Free avocado, ours is fresh sliced once an hour! It's not the walk of shame, when you're walking away with one of our breakfast Pitas. Peter Piper picked the perfect pita pairing, but with all these flavor combos, it wasn't easy to choose! #taste #flavor
Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Hubby, 2 teens daughters and I stopped past after a free ghost tour. I love that it is open late. We were the only ones in the store. The staff was patient with us since it was our first time. We got 2 gyro 1 Philly cheesesteak and 1 Turkey club. Despite the usual ingredients...you could add more which added to the flavors..the food was so tasty and huge. The prices were reasonable. I will definitely look for one around home. I'm not sure how we missed a place like this.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Hubby and I stopped for lunch during bike ride to Audubon Park. Very friendly counter service. Get to chose what to top your pita with and chicken caesar and gyro pitas were great for a quick lunch. Good size and very tasty.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I'm from the northern states so good food is a must. I stumbled into this place late night and surprisingly learned it was open at 2 in the morning. What? My friends and I had to try it out and it was no disappointment. I got the Gyro and went with the recommended toppings that the worker suggested. It was very tasty and delicious, just like back home. I could not believe how close it was to taste, I will defiantly be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

So went today for lunch I was craving a gyro pita. I was the only one in there and at first didn't notice anything. But then when they pulled the gyro meat out it came from a tube with random pieces of feta and other pieces of meat. Then as I was telling the only guy there what I wanted on my pita I started to notice all the food on the line... Like the brown and molded limes... And the cucumbers so old you could see through them. The place is a mess. It doesn't look like the counters have been wiped down in months or the floor being swept or mopped. Then to top it off the guys handed me my Togo order in a left over wheat pita bag. Yeah three that in the trash. Won't be eating here ever again. No wonder there was no one there.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

Stumbled upon this pita place walking from the zoo and decided to have smoothies and pita wraps. Fruit smoothie was really good. We both had pita wraps- one sirloin and the other spicy bean- both were very good. This is a pita version of Subway where you can make your own Pita wrap exactly how you like it and the staff are super friendly and polite. It looked a little sketchy when we walked in because we were the only customers- but we were eating a late lunch at 2:30. Once we walked in and were greeted we realized that it was absolutely fine. Pita bread was really fresh and everything else was fresh tasting. Go there for a great smoothie and quick pita wrap.