All reviews the main house magazine street lower garden district creole house carriage house king suite french quarter breakfast was delicious destination wedding son's wedding highly recommend this b b small kitchen short drive every morning house is beautiful southern charm guest house
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I can not write positively enough about the Terrell House for from the moment I arrived to the moment I sadly departed, they, Miss Linda and Miss Annitia were magnificent and truly treated us with such kindness and caring it was amazing.
There were last minute changes concerning rooms that were each handled kindly and with grace. There was the threat of rain and a tent had to be erected at the last minute which they were more than prepared to do and again, did with such grace and caring.
The food was outstanding not only to include the wedding (I can not wait to return for their shrimp and grits.) to the wonderful breakfasts each morning served with such elegance as well as being absolutely delicious. I was even able to talk with a chef about his cinnamon rolls so that I can attempt to replicate them at home.
My room was elegant as well, in the Corner Store across the street to include it's own garden courtyard.. As I arrived I noticed a sad orchid with drooping leaves and when I returned later that day it had been replaced by a huge orchid -like those throughout the main house- it was magnificent.
Just every little thing was handled with such grace and care that I can not wait to return. They definitely made a day to remember for all of us and especially the bride and groom. My deepest thanks to all.
Mother-of-the-Bride, Ruth

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Lolashouse, Owner at Terrell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review, Ruth! The pleasure was all ours hosting you and the wedding at the Terrell House. Hopefully you can come and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The place was beautiful! Our room was gorgeous and had the perfect balcony. I loved sitting out there in the afternoon. The breakfast in the morning was great. If I went back to New Orleans I would definitely try to stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so glad to hear that you had such a nice stay with us at the Terrell House! Thank you for writing such a kind review here on TripAdvisor. We do hope to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Staff was impeccable, particularly Miss Annikia who seemed to anticipate our every need. Bed linens are ironed, table napkins are lovingly starched, silver is pil8shed, food is off the charts, location is perfect

Room tip: Loved the two bedroom suite with full kitchen
Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Terrell House is a delightful B&B in the Garden District on Magazine St near the St Charles St Streetcar. The ambience is refined and soothing. The staff friendly and helpful, not to mention accommodating to requests. Breakfasts are delicious, and speaking with the other quests over breakfast is a delightful experience. You will be able to experience like in the new Orleans of old when you stay here.

Room tip: Select a room in the Main House. We were in the Gold Suite, which was a delight in every way.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Logistics

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The breakfasts we had is what you dream about if staying in a B&B and the staff are OUTSTANDING. Thank you for a wonderful trip.
We rented one of the 2 bedroom apartments across the street from the main house. We had a late flight so someone stayed late to greet us. The staff are laid back, courteous, accommodating and just made the stay so much better. The main house is a wonderfully charming home while the 2 bedroom apartment enabled us the extra room to spread out.
We were there for a gymnastics meet at the convention center which is a short walk away. The apartments have a small kitchen if you want to cook or make your own coffee and room to relax and spread out. We were 2 dad's and 2 sons. The boys loved it and we even saved a bit of money over staying in a boring bland hotel. Andthe breakfasts were outstanding! It was Mardi Gras so the chefs were baking fresh King cakes too.

On top of all of that you get to meet (or ignore) other house mates at breakfast. Sharing a meal, stories and ideas with complete strangers was a lot of fun. It was especially hard at first for the teen boys who would rather not speak but if you haven't done anything like this yet give it a shot. You will walk away from breakfast and into the street with an extra big smile. And remember you are walking out of a home in a neighborhood instead of a big hotel. This place is great.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jjkirby

I am so glad that y'all had such a nice stay with us! So very happy to hear that you loved the accommodations and the breakfast. Thank you for letting everyone know here on TripAdvisor, and I do hope to host you again in the future!