“Good stop for lunch. ”

Ranked #154 of 2,142 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Lorna is the best bartender, and Germaine ROCKS as the chef!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our party of 4 had the Po-Boys. All were very good. Beers were cold. Prices were reasonable especially for around Bourbon Street.

It is worth a stop for lunch when in the area.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

First of all, we didn't realize we had to order from the bar, even though there is a sign that states just that. Just a little FYI for you! We just happened upon this place walking back to our hotel. I ordered the peanut butter burger, my husband ordered the jambalaya. Both were amazing! The atmosphere is great, the food was even more so! Glad we stopped!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

It is my belief that the good reviews of this place we're write by drunk people. To a sober person like myself, the food was not good and the service was worse. I literally spent all day in my car to arrive in New Orleans around 8pm. I hadn't eaten so looked up some places to eat and came across this place. They deliver for free in the French Quarter so I was sold. I ordered about $75 worth of food for my husband and myself. It took 30 minutes to get here and when it did arrive, it was lukewarm and missing a plate. I called to tell them that they'd left my wings out but no one answered the phone. No biggie, they're probably busy. I literally called 15 more times and no one answered so I walked. When I got there, there 10 people there. So... Not busy. We had to tell the security guard the problem who relayed it to the woman who took the order. She looked at us and back at him and said something to the effect of "that's not my problem". The security guard then went into the back and entered or order. That was it. No one said anything else to us as we waited for about 15 minutes. When the wings came out, the woman who had taken our order threw the plate on the counter and walked away. So we got back to our room, all of the other food was cold. I tasted the etoufee and it was spicy and in desperate need of salt. It was literally just gravy and 3 small pieces of crawfish. The crab cake bites were soggy. The quesadilla was burnt. The stuffed mushrooms were disgusting. Talk about adding insult to injury... Just go somewhere else

1  Thank Briana M
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My husband best described this bar as a 'local dive bar that happens to be near Bourbon Street'. We wanted somewhere low key that served regular barfood, not seafood. The beer was good, the food was surprisingly amazing and the service was good. Order at the bar amd go early to beat the Bourbon Street pour over crowd.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

30 year of visiting and I’d experienced some of the worst meals up until this stop. The crab cakes bites were delicious. The gumbo was the best I’ve ever had. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET THE BANANA BEIGNETS!! Great service too! Never expected such excellent food from such a small bar.