Le Richelieu in the French Quarter
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 187*
USD 221*
USD 208*
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
USD 231*
  • Breakfast included
USD 299*
USD 267*
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 257*
USD 217*
HolidayInn.com
USD 295*
USD 278*
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
USD 232*
USD 198*
1,274 results
All reviewspaul mccartneyfrench quarterfrenchman streetquiet endjackson squarewalk in closetquiet sectionceiling fanold world charmprivate balconyan older hotelbourbon stquiet locationcharming hotelfourth floorfrench doorsself parking
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here during the NCAA 2012 Final Four, a total of 7 nights. We had no promblem getting to the Superdome, but we could not get a taxis back if our life depended on it (and after you have walked 20 min.in the pouring rain you feel like it did). You can ride the Streetcars part of the way, but the one that goes to the Frenchmarket closes between 9pm and 10pm. Well enough of that the hotel itself is old, but clean. We had a lower level room , which had a little musty smell when it rained. The room was just a regural small old hotel room. There was a mini refrigerator in the closet, it also had a I phone changer, a hair dryer, and a small flat screen tv in the room. I have to say that it was a little noisy escpecially in the morning. They are alway working on sometime outside and the walls are not as thich as otherwise stated by other reviews.(that includes the interior walls).They do have free coffee in the restrurant. You have to get it yourself. We did eat breakfast there 2 times it is ok, but nothing special. They close the restruant at 2pm, but the bar stays open until 12am I think. The swimming poool is very small and I only seen one family using it. This was our first trip to NOLA and I guess for the money this was a good place to stay. I do think if I go back I would look at other places, especially if I was going to a event at the Superdome.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the top floor if you can. I hope you have better luck than us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed in the King Suite. Roomy, clean, lots of storage and quiet. Dated? Yes but that is part of the charm! Staff is very friendly. The location is prime if you are more interested in the quiet side of NOLA. Frenchmen Street is just a couple blocks away as is the open air market and numerous places to eat. You cant go wrong with this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hotel Le Richelieu in the French Quarter is a charming hotel in a historic building and is quite close to Bourbon St. , restaurants, shops, and places of historic interest such as Jackson Square. It is located on a quiet block and was very pleasant to stay there. The staff could not have been more helpful. Keys are still returned to the front desk when you leave the hotel. I enjoyed staying in my room with two double beds and a balcony. A few suggestions for improvement : bathroom could use some updating, better lighting would help. I would like a coffee maker in the room at least for hot water. A safe in the room would have been convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very nice old place, nothing fancy but all the essentials. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful with tours and such .NIce walk to French Quarter, Bourbon St and Riverwalk shopping. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lunaWisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This lovely small hotel combines atmosphere of bed and breakfast with services of a hotel. Located in the quiet section of the French Quarter, I was within easy walking distance of delicious bakeries, great restaurants, art galleries and shopping. The rooms were decently priced and well furnished. My bathroom could have used an update, but it wasn't a big deal. I stayed four nights in a one bedroom suite and thought it was well worth it. A great way to stay comfortably in the French Quarter and avoid big hotel crowds and prices.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends