Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Pavillon Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Ace Hotel New Orleans(New Orleans)
  • Pool
The Lafayette Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)
Catahoula Hotel(New Orleans)
2,126 results
All reviewsfree breakfastchicken tendersevening kickbackfrench quarterfree happy hourhot breakfastrooftop poolpoydras streetwithin walking distancevalet parkingfew blockstrolley stopgarden districtroom keyfront desk staffking suitethe central business district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had one unfortunate experience during our one night stay that is described below in the email that I sent to the general manager, Slade Stratman, on 3/21/12.

I paid $225 plus taxes for our one night stay in a room with two double beds (way too small), but was changed to a room with a king and a fold out bed in the living room. I don't feel I was over charged for the room, but I would have liked to have paid a little less. The location of the hotel is excellent.

"I am writing to make you aware of an unfortunate issue with our one night stay in your hotel. This was also the first time that any of us had stayed in a Drury Inn.

First let me begin by saying that your staff members were professional, experienced, courteous and pleasant. I hope that they are recognized for their service to their employer and guests, and that the hotel continues to employ similarly enthusiastic individuals.

A young man who was the valet upon our arrival was polite and helpful when we arrived at the parking lot. I can't recall his name, but I understand that he and Kristen at the front desk are friends, and she will recall about whom I am speaking. Unfortunately upon our departure, a tall dark haired young man who was the valet at that time handed us our car key, accepted the gratuity and then departed into the hotel leaving the three of us ladies (two seniors and myself) to put all of our luggage into the trunk ourselves...

Upon check in and check out, Kristen at the front desk was efficient and courteous despite the tremendous guest traffic and constantly ringing telephone.

Immediately after arriving in our room we realized that it would not comfortably accommodate us, and I returned to the front desk whereupon I was attended by Leah who immediately acknowledged me and assisted with a satisfactory room change. Later that evening when I called for more pillows and blankets, Leah immediately brought them upstairs which was appreciated because it was already late in the evening and my mother in law was ready for bed. In the past at other hotels, I've waited as long as a few hours to receive additional linens although they were needed immediately. As an aside, the mattress on the foldout bed in room 818 really needs to be replaced. It was quite thin and uncomfortable and for this reason we requested more blankets and sheets to add as padding. It would have been great if an egg carton mattress pad had been available instead of attempting to use sheets and blankets to make the mattress more comfortable.

The next day when we encountered the issue that I will discuss below, I was assisted by Jamie. When I explained the situation to her, she assured me that she would address the matter not only with housekeeping, but also escalate the matter to management. As we left the hotel for the day, I felt confident that she would do so. During our brief time in your hotel, we did encounter the housekeeper responsible for our room, Leovina, multiple times in the hallway as she cleaned other rooms. Each time she greeted us and smiled.

Finally, we were surprised and pleased with the complimentary breakfast and kickback refreshments. The early breakfast allowed us to maximize our short time in our first visit to New Orleans.

As to the issue at hand, the subject of this email provides the basic complaint. As I was getting into bed for the evening, I noticed a piece of trash on the floor immediately beneath the corner of the bed, but dismissed it as a receipt that I might have dropped earlier in the day. I decided I would pick it up in the morning when I canvassed the room before checkout. In the morning, my mother picked it up with her bare hands and realized that it was a used Trojan Condom wrapper. Of course, my mother was alarmed and disgusted, as was my mother in law and myself. I immediately called the front desk whereupon I spoke with Jamie. Upon checking out, Jamie informed me that she had indeed discussed the matter with management and that our stay would be complimentary. She also asked me to send you this email in order to facilitate the reversal of the charge on my credit card.

I look forward to your reply."

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank DaveRamseySays
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is the most elegant Drury Inn we have stayed in, with beautiful decor in the common areas. Jamie at the front desk is one of the nicest, most personable people I've ever dealt with. The streetcar stops right on the corner outside of the hotel, which is very convenient. You must pay with exact change, and can purchase an all-day pass for only $3. when you embark.
When I made the reservation on the chain's website, I was redirected to a phone number because this hotel had limited availability. I was told that there were only 2 rooms available on our dates (March 15 & 16, 2012), and they were both smoking, with 1 kingsize bed. I wanted non-smoking and 2 double beds. I made the reservation anyhow, with the assurance that if there were cancellations of the rooms I requested, we'd get one. The day before our arrival, Drury Inns sent me an e-mail and made a phone call to inform me there had been no cancellations. But we were enroute, so I didn't get the messages. When I checked in, I told Jamie I really preferred non-smoking, and she checked her computer and learned one had just become available. I was very happy.
My only criticism is that, with a huge number of guests, they should have had more help at the free 5:30 Kickback. There was only one bartender, and one person serving the food. This caused long lines to form at each station.

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner of the third floor, and it was large and sunny, with great views in two directions.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silvercreeker
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My family --husband, 8 year old son, and my parents stayed-- here for one night over March Break. I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before, but decided to give it a try based on the reviews. We arrived early and our rooms weren't ready yet, but the desk staff were great! They helped us decide between a number of different tours of the city, called and made reservations for tours for us, and went out of their way to help us plan our time in New Orleans. We had two rooms --a king suite and a king room-- both of which were great! They were clean, nicely decorated, and had awesome bathrooms!

We enjoyed the free food and drinks at the 5:30 kickback as well as the breakfast in the morning. We also tried out the rooftop pool, which my husband and son loved! Definitely a great view! Overall it was a great stay. The location was a short walk to the French Quarter and a longer, but pleasant walk to the river and aquarium. If you're looking for a conveniently located hotel with nice rooms for a reasonable price, go with this one!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Drury with two friends. The staff were amazing! Everyday Jaques kindly helped us choose and book great tours and other staff greeted us with a smile coming and going. The late afternoon free drinks and snacks hit the spot and the rooms had a lot of character. Close to the French Quarter, but far enough for a quiet nights sleep.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank travelDanielle
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here during Mardi Gras and had a great time. Jamie at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. She greeted us whenever we came and went and called us by name. The hotel has a very positive energy about it and it is because of great staff like Jamie. This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and will always check this hotel first when we visit New Orleans. The rooms and hotel were very clean and we always felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple