“Good Value, Great Location”

Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans
Ranked #100 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Good Value, Great Location”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

It's a great time to visit New Orleans, not just because it is a fantastic city that needs all the help it can get but also because the drop-off in tourism following Hurricane Katrina has made it one of the great travel values in the US. Traveling on a business trip, I got this room in a prime spot near the French Quarter for $84 per night and it was a very good value for the price.

The pros: The Wyndham Garden is clean, centrally located and has a good range of standard business travel facilities, including a well-equipped workout room and good - if not great - Wi-Fi performance. The king-size bed in my room was quite soft, which is not ideal if you have a bad back, but the down comforter was a great touch. There are excellent restaurants within just a couple blocks and Bourbon Street is a five-minute walk, if you're into that scene. Personally, I'd just as soon avoid the tourist meccas and explore some of the lovely parks and beautiful architecture around the French Quarter. Those are also a short walk.

The cons: A lot of the rooms at the Wyndham Garden face inward, making it impossible to tell whether it's day or night. I love a plush towel, and the bath towels at the Wyndham were surprisingly chintzy and small. My room was also freezing. Even with the air conditioning set at the highest temperature, I doubt the room got much above 68°. I couldn't figure out how to make the alarm clock work and the face isn't illuminated, making it impossible to read at night.

In short, the cons are pretty minor, and considering what you pay for a downtown room at most U.S. tourist destinations, the Wyndham was a very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside-facing window
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
On behalf of the entire Wyndham Garden Hotel staff, thank you so much for the wonderful review! If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even more memorable, please do not hesitate to contact us again (504-522-0083)!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Thai first
Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Got a great rate on a Sunday night. Much better than other nice hotels in the area. Room was very large and bathroom much larger than most. We had a room with two double beds and no outside window. It was quiet and dark which is OK if you want to sleep in. If you spend a lot of time in the room it would feel claustrophobic. Staff very nice and everything was as expected. Very short walk to Bourbon St. Self parking $20, which is less than many area hotels charge. I would return here for a short stay as long as I didn't have to pay the higher weekend rate.

• Stayed February 2012
Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed 28 February 2012

During a recent New Orleans visit, I shared a room at Baronne Plaza with my dad. It was a large, comfortable room, with an excellent TV, and the most comfortable bedding I can recall. Full, clean, fresh down comforters, outstanding pillows, a luxuriant bathroom, and a superb AC/heater system made this hotel worth the stay. Location was top notch, although not directly in the French Quarter. Very nice stay, incredibly enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Matlock, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

It's a hotel with nothing to rave or complain about. We were denied a late check-out but they did store our bags for us until our flight left early evening.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WpgMBMatlock_Canada
wghotel, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Is the first time in my life that I stayed in a ho tel that they haven make my room with the excuse t hat the housekeeper already left. I leave my room at 12:30 pm and returned at 6:00pm and they didnt do the cleaning of my room and I request the servi ce and the reception told me the cant do it. Is un believable this happen to me in the hotel, and th e even worse I request clean towels and they they told me the cant either send me the clean towels. The worse hote experience ever in my life.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eduardo C
Dear Eduardo C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with us. We apologize if you were not satisfied with your stay with us. After researching your information with our Housekeeping department, we did not find any record of complaint during your stay with us. Furthermore, our housekeeping department does service each guestroom so long as a Do Not Disturb sign is not placed outside the door.

We will forward your comments to our management staff and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Please contact us at (504) 522-0083 if there is anything else we can do to win back you business!

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels