Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Demonstration cooking class

My father and I went while my parents were in town visiting me and we had a tremendous time. Ann... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Zachhhh
New Orleans, Louisiana
via mobile
Demonstration Cooking Class

On my last day in New Orleans I took the demonstration cooking class at Crescent City Cooks. They... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from USD 70.00
from USD 70.00
from USD 130.00
More Info
All reviews cooking class bread pudding jambalaya bananas foster learned how great cooking creole and cajun cooking private class morning class cooking school tasso gravy great class learn how crescent city local cuisine great fun amazing experience
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We booked the Crescent City Cooks for a company team building event. We had 5 cooking stations and learned how to create 3 wonderful recipes. What made the instructors so great were their helpful attitudes, interest in making our experience memorable and hands on direction. They made everything fun! I have been to several cooking schools globally and this one ranks right up there. Even inexperienced cooks will enjoy the experience because you eat what you cook and that part was AMAZING!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Attended the demonstration with my daughter. Could not have enjoyed it more! The food was delicious, the demonstration was perfect and the chefs were intersting and entertaining. Can’t recommend it enough. It’s s must do while in NOLA!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

At the very last minute, my husband and I signed up for a cooking demonstration which featured seafood gumbo, crawfish etouffee, pralines and bananas foster. Not only do you get to learn how to make these amazing Louisiana recipes, but you get a history lesson and get to eat at the end. Holy mackeral--it was truly a highlight of our trip. While I would normally have signed up for the hands-on class, I don't think we missed that much by attending the demonstration class. If you sit in the front row, you can pretty much see what the instructor is doing, plus there's a large TV monitor over the main stove and secondary burner (don't miss that screen--it's to the right!). Lynn was a great, enthusiastic instructor and it was really a kick to see her in action. I would absolutely doing this again and definitely sit in the front row. Perhaps since it was December and chilly in the kitchen, they also served coffee for our morning class which was so much appreciated.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We went to the 2 pm cooking class on a Saturday afternoon. It was awesome! We cooked jambalaya, BBQ shrimp and bananas foster. The instructors took time to explain everything in detail and were very patient. Wine and Abita Beer were provided (after all the cutting is complete). You can even take the leftovers home.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We had an absolutely fabulous time in our hands-on cooking class with Lynne! She was a very entertaining instructor and the food was heavenly! This was the only cooking school in the French quarter that I found which allowed my 12-year-old to participate. My son chose this activity, and he also chose the menu since we were the first to sign up (catfish courtbouillon, chicken and andouille gumbo, and bread pudding). He was still a little nervous at the beginning, but Lynne immediately put him at ease! We leaned all kinds of helpful cooking/chopping tips as well as learning the amazing recipes. Since the gumbo takes so long to cook, we ate a bowl that was prepared earlier in the day. Then we returned on our day of departure and took our frozen gumbo home with us in the airplane! Wonderful memory that we will cherish!