1,249 results
All reviews balcony room bourbon street toulouse street french quarter provide ear plugs street performers people watching security guard fifth floor room key french doors street noise beds were very comfortable perfect location valet parking mardi gras jackson square
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Since this was my first trip to New Orleans, I wanted the full experience so we got a balcony room facing Bourbon Street. Yes, it was quite loud on a Saturday night, but come Sunday and Monday nights, the noise level was significantly lower, although still noisy. I really enjoyed the balcony room, as you could sit out there and people watch for hours if you wanted to. You are able to be a part of the Bourbon Street action without having to physically be on Bourbon. Some of the street performers posted up right outside the hotel so you could watch the shows from the balcony. The hotel itself was quiet, beyond the Bourbon Street noise. The wifi did not work well on my cell phone, to the point where I just cut it off because my apps were not loading properly (or at all). The employees at the front desk were always helpful and in the evenings, they had security checking room keys at the front door to make sure no one was entering the hotel who shouldn't be. You also have to insert your room key into the elevator in order for it to move, so not just anyone could be roaming around the halls. I felt very safe staying there. We did not eat at the hotel or use room service, so I cannot speak for the quality or service of the restaurant there. Parking was quick and easy - no complaints there. The room itself was a little outdated. The bathroom had no vent in it, so it was quite annoying every time I took a shower, the mirrors fogged up and I had to use a hairdryer to get the steam off. The amount of moisture in the bathrooms are so bad that the light fixtures were rusting. However, the room was clean - from the sheets to the towels - and that was more important to me. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again as the location was fantastic and the room was clean.

Room tip: Balcony rooms are noisy, especially on the weekends
Reviewed 31 March 2015

This was out first trip to NOLA & we thought staying on Bourbon Street was the way to go. It absolutely was not for us. The staff is apathetic (except for Rhoda who helped us with activities & the smiling young man who brought the champagne we ordered to our room when we arrived). Upon opening the room door, we were hit with the smell of damp smoke which was very upsetting. To be fair, we did not ask for another room & the only source of fresh air was opening our door to the balcony over Bourbon Street (where the air is filled with a variety of smells, none remotely pleasant). There was a fire alarm scare our first day which we only found out was a drill after rushing out of the room to the stairs. One of the elevators was out of service but with no sign informing guests of this so time wasted there. Never mind the nasty vagrants & drunks at all times of the day, waiting to immediately accost you to try to sell you a counterfeit baseball hat while topless & painted silver from the waist up as you take one step out of the lobby. There was no personality or hospitality to this place, felt more like an unfriendly apartment building. However, if you are looking to stay on Bourbon Street then I do suggest this location as we felt it was a clean hotel & you are in the heart of it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Dear DTraveler10,
We are disheartened to hear you were dissatisfied with your recent NOLA trip. We understand that the Bourbon Street experience may not be for everyone, but our team is committed in delivering a relaxing and comfortable stay for each of our guests. We are sorry we failed to provide you with a more enjoyable experience, and we will share your comments with our team with the hopes of providing a better experience for future guests. Take care.

Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

Reserved our room months in advance only to get there and have our reservation along with others given out. We had no room the hotel was over booked and never got a notification till we got there. Triple check your reservations. But they did find us another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Mark S

Dear Mark S,
We genuinely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our hotel. I assure you, providing excellent service to our guests is a top priority to our team, and it is certainly not our intent to have overflow. We are sincerely sorry you were not pleased with your experience and were forced to stay at other accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, and we hope you will try us again to prove that your experience is not the norm. All the best.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

You certainly can't beat the location of this hotel. The front door opens right onto Bourbon Street, which makes it convenient but a bit nerve racking at night. No worries though, they have great security at night and you can only get into the lobby with a room key. I stayed here 8 years ago when it was the Ramada. Four Points has done some nice updating to the rooms since then, however, with this being a heavily trafficked hotel, there is a lot of wear and tear everywhere. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was our check-in. Don't get me wrong, the front desk employees are very kind and friendly. But, my partner and I are SPG Gold members and typically the hotel acknowledges this level of membership. This was not the case. In fact, they are supposed to offer us an amenity at check-in. I did get the amenity the next day, but it was only after I asked the front desk for it. Also, here's a word to the wise: If you can't deal with Bourbon Street and the all day partying, you may want to find a quieter hotel. Because of the great location, you will find heavy partiers coming in at 4am. Just hope that they aren't in the room next to you!

1  Thank patricka9
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This hotel is in a great location! You are within walking distance to anywhere you would want to go. The room was spacious enough and very clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There are rooms with a balcony facing Bourbon St. From my understanding, this is rare.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Dear Travelmo M,
We’re thrilled to hear you loved our convenient location on Bourbon Street in the heart of the French Quarter, and received great service from our friendly team during your stay. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.