“Huge Disappointment the second trip”
Review of Domenica

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ate at Domenica in 2016 and it was great. Unfortunately, the service was so horrible and at a snail's pace this time I would not return.

Our waiter seemed too bothered to give us timely and decent service. It took him over 10 minutes to bring my husband a Diet Coke.
He told us nothing about the menu and we had to beg for refills. He just didn't give a flip about our table.

The pizza margarita was soggy and lacking in cheese.

Also, note...the small sized pasta is side order sized, not small potion sized. Definitely not worth $10. When I mentioned it to the server he rolled his eyes.

I appreciated the manager coming over to hear our dissatisfaction, but the experience was just overall poor.

Just such a sad experience and beneath the Waldorf-Astoria brand to share space.

BRG H, Manager at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Julianne,

We are so sorry that your experience at Domenica was not up to our standards. We would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Could you please email our general manager Stephen at sjeffcoat@domenicarestaurant.com. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

On our last night in New Orleans visiting our daughter we ended up taking her to the Tulane ER because the hostess who took our food order forgot to tell the kitchen to leave the pine nuts off our order of kale chips. When I went in to place our order I told the hostess to leave the pine nuts off our order because my daughter had a food allergy.. Half way through eating them my daughter became very sick. When I called the hostess to report the problem as I thought it stemmed from the kitchen . She apologized and admitted that she “forgot” . Dear Besch restaurant management: please train your staff in understanding the seriousness of food allergies and how they are Life Threatening and maybe you can have them trained by the staff at the Waldorf Astoria. My daughter was ok thank God. However it was very unfortunate that we had to experience something we try so hard to avoid .

BRG H, General Manager at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Yvonne,

We are shocked by this news and sincerely apologize for this incident taking place. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person if you could please email our general manager Stephen at sjeffcoat@domenicarestaurant.com. We take food allergies very seriously in our restaurant and have always had strict systems in place to accommodate all allergies. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

You will not be disappointed with the menu! Absolutely excellent but the lamb meatballs were incredible

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here during a quick trip to New Orleans, and I thought it was very good. We had our hotel concierge to reserve a spot—reservations definitely recommended on a Friday night. Service was excellent. Our waiter was observant of our Lent dietary restrictions, suggesting dishes with no meat. I had the squid ink pasta, and I recommend it. Restaurant has a nice atmosphere and is in a slightly more quiet area. Also has cool water glasses made from wine bottles!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We went here on the concierge recommendation that this was "the best Italian in town". Not so much. The hostess and waitress were very nice and attentive. We also brought our 2 year old daughter, so the place is kid friendly. The ambiance is nice also, but after that it's sort of blah. We ordered the cheese plate appetizer w pate. The pate was good but the cheese was not. Neither were the accompaniments to the cheese. We ordered the lamb meatballs w polenta for my daughter. They were NOT good. The sauce, the polenta, the meat. None of it. I ordered the squid ink pasta w blue crab. It was so buttery that's all you could taste. The sauce was a huge miss and the crab did not taste fresh. My husband won w a pizza that was huge and had a generous helping of meat. At over $115 without my consuming alcohol this was a bit much. Maybe a good place for a beer and pizza without going to a dive.

BRG H, Manager at Domenica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Runash202,

Been to Domenica? Share your experiences!