“Heavenly small plates! ”

Baru Bistro & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Baru Bistro & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 2,122 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 6 - USD 26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Garden District
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to Baru and it was delicious! We highly recommend stopping in for a meal or a taste of something wonderful!!! We got the ceviche and the lamb sliders. They were perfection!!! See pics

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We eat at nice restaurants year-round, but this was my wife's choice for our anniversary dinner. And what a great choice it was. The menu,the fresh ingredients, the preparation, presentation, and service were all great. Many of the dishes we selected were seafood, and many of them were Caribbean in origin and spectacular in adaptation. We are not big drinkers yet the craft cocktails the bartender made to suit our individual tastes were every bit as delicious as the wonderful dishes we enjoyed.

There is a busy dining room downstairs with closely spaced tables occupied by local artists, musicians, and hipsters ; another more intimate dining room wrapping around the upstairs bar occupied by couples enjoying each other's copany; and outdoor tables on the balcony where families enjoyed each other as well as the charming street scene below.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Loved this place! Fresh. Fresh. Fresh flavors. Not your average tapas joint. Best I have experienced. Kids weren't excited about it but loved it because the food was SO good. Kind of small, not flashy. But cozy and serving VERY good food. Check it out.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Had the mango avocado salad with vinagrette and it was delicious. The cocktail menu was good too, we tried several ones. Good price-value!

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Went early on a Saturday evening with a friend. Service was on par with a diner. My raw oysters came after my pulled pork....my friend's soup came after her tuna.....none of the dishes came at the same time so my friend was finished eating before I even began. So many other exceptional restaurants in New Orleans, I will put this one on the "Never Again" list.