“Yum! Cake for breakfast ”
Review of Cake Cafe

Cake Cafe
Ranked #6 of 65 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

I met up with friends and went for second breakfast. The pastries are heavenly. I had a enormous cinnamon bun, my sister had a hummingbird large cupcake. The raspberry tea was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And you can add a cupcake to your meal for $1! It's a little out of the way, but worth the walk!

1  Thank Viva_La_Viajera

Reviewed 2 April 2015

We walked to Cake from Frenchmen Street, 4 or 5 blocks of rough sidewalks but not impossible. I enjoyed my salmon and eggs; hubby liked his soup and club sandwich. Their excellent bread and good biscuits enhance the rest of the meal. FYI, my husband commented that the menu had lots of the kinds of food that I would order but not many of his favorites, and I did notice that nearly all the customers were women.

1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 31 March 2015 via mobile

Been here many times. We stay at a B&B across the street and always come over here. Food is freshly made, fresh squeezed OJ, staff is very nice. There is always a line but it moves quickly. I finally tried a cupcake this year!

1  Thank mep604
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

The food was delicious and the staff very friendly. The french toast made with challah and the orange-pecan syrup was excellent. Don't forget to purchase a cupcake with your meal. Just $1.00. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

This place is a GEM! The staff is genuinely friendly and the food is over the moon! Staff will explain any questions you have about the menu and offer suggestions. Lots of local flare and food choices! The biscuits and the Red Velvet cupcakes are a must with each meal! and you get a cupcake for $1 with your meal. Small location so you may have to wait but the staff does a great job of seating you and taking your order, SUPER EFFICIENT! Will definitely visit on my next NOLA trip!

2  Thank Msanders21