“Best food tour to date!”

Big Easy Food Tours
Ranked #17 of 55 Food & Drink in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you book one of our Riverbend- Carrolton New Orleans Food Tours, we'll show you the historic neighborhood's hidden culinary treasures, as well as modern New Orleans eateries. You'll take in the architecture of homes & churches, sip locally brewed beers, enjoy eccentricities in local oddity shops and end up toasting to the spirits in Lafayette Cemetery.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure whether it was Octavio and his charm, the city itself, the food, or the stories that tied it all together... I'm going to go with all of the above!

I've been on plenty of other food tours around the world and this one was by far the best. They only take small groups so the experience felt personalised. Not to mention that Octavio really knows his food and has many great connections within the local community.

5-stars and I'll definitely go again if I ever find myself back in NOLA.

5  Thank Keri M
Nicolas J, Owner at Big Easy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi

Thank you very much for sharing your food tour experience you had with us here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you mention that our tours were no doubt good that you have ever been means a lot to us. We loved to read that you enjoyed the entire tour and the food that we picked is exactly what we want for you and our visitors.

Best

"company"
"stories"
"nola"

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Nicolas J, Owner at Big Easy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Reviewed 31 July 2017

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This is not my first food tour or my first and my first with this company. I have taken London, Paris, Berlin, New York and now New Orleans. Save one, none of these tours are PBN, they are more different than snowflakes and in areas and restaurants you might not think of going in.

For his followers Chef Karl often leads the Berlin Tour and has a dish presented on the New York Tour and despite the comments in another review the secret bite is one of the most meaningful on the tour.

Now onto my highlights. Donnean IS new Orleans. The tour has a languid relaxed party pace with several options for the drinkers to go to the bar and get what they like. I treated myself to one at the second stop.

It has all the texture, character and charm you expect and so much more. Information, history and a guide with real style.

I still have several reviews to do in New Orleans but I am still high from the oysters and crawfish stop.

Go hungry, we gratefully had the biggest bite at the beginning so I was sated enough to pay attention.

We finished with the best ice cream I have ever had, locally made of course.

My weekends away from the family keep me sane and this one was one of the highlights!!!

3  Thank solotraveler751
Nicolas J, Owner at Big Easy Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hello, It was a pleasure having you on our tour! Your awesome review means so much to us and thank you for that. Please come again and visit our other Secret Food Tours - now in over 20 world-wide cities. See you again soon!