New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This review is long overdue, sorry. My husband and I fell in love with the French Quarter back in 2001. We have been going back to New Orleans every chance we get since then. We have been to the La Belle Maison 2X so far and plan to go back again sometime this year. We usually take a taxi once we get to the Belle because we walk everywhere. However, if you do have a car the parking is pricey EVERYWHERE in this area so be aware of $25 a day parking.
The rooms are wonderfully appointed with kitchen (Fridge, Microwave, dishwasher, stove, coffee maker & utensils). You have everything you need for a short or long stay including free wi-fi. The room we got both times is the Presidential studio (room 306) and has a sitting area and a dining room table. This is a timeshare/hotel so if you are firm about not wanting a "tour" they will leave you alone.
Around the corner is a market/liquor/tourist shop on canal and a 1 minute walk. It is pricey but has everything you need. The walk to all the Bourbon street hoopla is 10 minutes and you are also just a stones throw from Harrah's Casino. We love this hotel's location, the friendly staff & the festivities that only NOLA has to offer. Highly recommend La Belle Maison and look forward to our next stay! Enjoy!
The Novigrod :)

Room Tip: If you have been to New Orleans before and don't foresee any trips out of town. Skip the car and...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank AngieMiami

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
austin, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is my 2nd time to stay at La Belle Maison. I thoroughly enjoy the property...and now that this time around I got to actually use the pool and hot tub, I like it even more. Pluses: Super clean room, and plenty of space! Bed was clean and extremely comfortable and the room temperature was PERFECT...not too hot, not too cold. We had a mini kitchen area w/a large refrigerator which came in handy. Bathroom was large and plenty of space and plugs. (1 neg: not much water pressure from showerhead, but that seems to be the trend everywhere). My FAVORITE thing about this property is the location...you can walk to everywhere you NEED to be. French Qtr is only a matter of crossing over Canal. Harrah's Casino is 2 blocks south. The staff was attentive, although we didn't really require their services. Got to use the pool and hottub, which were great...small, but great (besides, you shouldn't be there too long...you've got a great city to explore...I only needed the hottub b/c my shoulders and low back didn't like the plane ride). I'd like to commend the staff for getting us checked in quickly despite Mardi Gras havoc and for promptly notifying me that I'd left my cash and most of my credit cards in the safe after I'd checked out (a lil bit of mardi gras induced brain fog causes such absent-mindedness). The room I had this time had the balcony door open towards the inside atrium, which was cute, but then you hear everyone in atrium shouting. My ONLY complaint: the walls are PAPER-THIN...and I mean that in every way possible. Example: Sunday morning, trying to sleep off Saturday night celebrations...impossible. We heard every person that dare speak, walking in the hall. Every woman, child, and early morning mover...if they spoke in normal voices...we heard them. Which can only mean everybody on that floor must've heard us, too. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has the entry door FACING the atrium (entry doors from side hallways allow you t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank livingL
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

First time in a long while I slept in, shielded from daylight! And it went on the whole week we were there! A true holiday! We had a one bedroom, with a king bed, and a sleep sofa. Bedding was very comfortable. Beautifully appointed, with a microwave, dishwasher, fridge, dining table with 4 chairs, but no stove. 24 h front desk is friendly and helpful although persons at the concierge got a little carried away with their cell phones, and tried to brush me off when I asked for info. Two entrances, 515 Gravier Street (door is locked afterhours, and need to buzz for door to open) or 209 Magazine Street for vehicles. Convenient location at one end of French Quarters (Canal Street), and the convention centre or Riverwalk. Walkable in both directions. There is store to pickup milk or snacks, souvenirs etc closeby. Escape manicure/pedicure is across the street and so is Ruby Slipper restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank lowa88
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Where to begin... First off, do not believe anything their "concierge" staff says about a free gift of a tour. At first it was "free with the stay" and the next time we spoke it was "free after a l.5 hour presentation." This is a time share scheme where they tell you it will take 1.5 hours and then when you get there after having already invested an hour in registering and small talk, they spring "the presentation will take at least 2 hours from this point" line on you. Naturally we did not wish to waste any more of our precious vacation time on this so we left after the 1.5 hours we were guaranteed it would not exceed. The hotel DID NOT give us our gift as promised. They also DID NOT "mail it" as promised after we left. And now they are NOT even responding to messages left for them. Our stay was in December 2011 ...it's now February.

Next, the rooms were just OK. Definately not $300+ per night quality. Not with spiders crawling around b/c the place hadn't been dusted and extra linens in the closet hadn't been washed in preparation for our arrival. By the way, although rare..if bitten by this type of spider (Brown Recluse) it can be dangerous.

In the 3 days we were there, they never once came to clean the place or offer any new towels, soaps, gels..Nada.

Customer service was hit or miss. Some front desk agents were attentive and others were not. Several times the desk was completely unattended. Which was unfortunate considering how many time my keycard stopped working...4 separate times. One of which I was locked out of the building until I could call the front desk to come open the door.

All in all ...plenty of better options to choose from if you're going to spend $300+ per night. Skip this one & keep shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank CityGal247
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

As clinically objective as I can be:
1. Great location. A quiet street just a block or two from everything, ie streetcars, French qtr, waterfront, etc.
2. We had a 1 BR suite that was tasteful and spacious. No complaints, unless you want to cook, but who in their right mind would cook in NOLA, with an endless list of great restaurants?!
3. this is a timeshare, so you get pressured to attend other timeshare related sales pitches, which is a hassle. Hard to just say no, and be left alone.
4. Concierge is pretty weak. They try, but please don't confuse this with a #1 hotel rated personal concierge to make anything happen in town. They grab a pamphlet, and are helpful, but not of the caliber or are connected in all the restaurants to get you in.
5. This is a timeshare, so don't expect daily towel or turndown service, or any housekeeping. I knew this in advance, so not complaining, but again......#1 in NOLA ???!!! How can this be rated with other premiere hotels in the city on the same level? Impossible, period.
6. Lastly, I witnessed an inexcusable act while checking in very very late. An elderly couple were very tired and somewhat confused of exactly which hotel they were checking in to. They had the hotel name mispronounced, and the front desk acted as if they did not know the hotel name. It was clear to me she meant this very hotel. The front desk was not helpful, and out of earshot, quite mocking. This occurred while we(another guest) was standing there. Who would do that?

Now all that aside, it's a solid place to stay, and would come back, but wanted a sanity check review for someone coming into town to be pampered and have it all during your stay. This is no Omni, W, or even a good Hilton hotel for that matter.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a window to the outside in the room. I'm told some are interior only, and fac...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family