“Best food if you dont want local food”

Cuzco Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #848 of 2,124 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We ordered fish ceviche good to share with my friend and each of us had an entree, aji de gallina and lomo saltado. Both were delicious and good size portions, even bigger when you order jalea and seafood rice. Each good for 2 or even 3 people. Very good dessert. Chicha morada is a must. They do not serve alcohol. Do not open every day, and only until 8pm. Call to make a reservation, small restaurant and excelent service. Tip well, they deserve it.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Everything looked beautiful, presentation gets five stars. I left hungry because it just wasn't for me, I'm use to hot food and most of it was served cold

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit. We have never been to Peru. The food here was different. The rice dish was similar to paella but with more seafood and heavy seafood stock. The steak dish had a oriental flare. They do not have their liquor license yet but you can bring your own. We did not have room for dessert. The price was moderate. The Ceviche was to die for.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Cuzco was my first taste of Peruvian food and I was pleasantly surprised. We were with a group of friends and ordered a variety of dishes to share. I have celiac (meaning I need things gluten free) which can make it difficult sometimes while eating in restaurants. While I couldn't eat everything, there was a lot I could have including a very good seafood fried rice entree. Cuzco doesn't have a liquor license, but you can bring your own bottle of wine for a $7 corking fee and they did not charge us a fee for the beer we brought. My brother has been to Peru a couple times and wanted me to try Cuy which was not on the menu. But, truthfully I do not think I would want to eat Cuy which is guinea pig... so I'm glad they did not offer it on their menu. Cuzco had very friendly and accommodating staff and was very affordable. We did not finish our meals and it re-heated well the next day. Definitely a unique experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Cuzco has a small menu, which we sampled also everything from as a large group of 12 people. Everything was delicious. I have been to Peru several times, and this is one of the most authentic Peruvian restaurants that I have been to in the US. The Peruvian family that owns it is also extremely nice.