“Expected Better!”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #72 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 November 2017

This is a JW Marriott hotel and my expectations were quite high! I found this to be an a good hotel with comfortable and spacious room, good front staff service and a good location near French Quarters and about 10 minute walk to Mississippi river. I was there only for 24 hours and did not use all of their services and not sure about their parking situation. So, my review is very limited in scope. My room was close to the elevators; that kept me awake because of coming & going of party goers. I was expecting some vegetarian meals for dining but they had none. At the bar, they did fix me a veggie sandwich , which was one of the worst I have had. When complained, they charged me only half but that is not the point. They should know how to prepare a good veggie dish, even a vegetable pasta with good sauce and bread! As noted elsewhere, the concierge service was spotty.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear pg1943,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay - we value your comments! We were glad to read how much you liked your spacious room and our convenient location, and we apologize that you were disturbed by the noise from other guests. Your comments remind us there is always room for improvement and we will review your feedback with our engineering team. We will also share your feedback regarding food options with our food and beverage team to see what changes can be implemented. We hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in our area.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The staff of this hotel are friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat - easy access to the trolley, great restaurants and sights. I always feel at home when I visit here. And, the housekeeper (last two trips) has created animals out of washcloths and leaves at least one on the pillow. Too funny. Just remember, coming in off Canal into the lobby - you're going to shiver at first LOL They take "cool environment" seriously.

Room Tip: Unless you sleep like a log, don't stay in a room adjacent to the elevator lobby. The double-din...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Paula C,

Thank you so much for being loyal to JW Marriott New Orleans and for sharing your wonderful experience. We are delighted to read our convenient location and outstanding hospitality once again made your stay a memorable one. It is always our pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Checked in on a Monday afternoon for a one week stay in the Big Easy. Check in was fast an efficient and I was given a complimentary upgrade to a corner room with a king bed and free WiFi. Room is clean and comfortable although the carpet is a bit outdated and the bathroom is a little small, perhaps this is only because I was in a corner room. Hotel is on Canal Street right where you can catch the street cars. New Orleans is known for its food. Any hole in the wall will be guaranteed to have some good food. The entrance to Bourbon Street is across Canal Street and two blocks away. Great and very friendly staff from the bell staff to the housekeepers. Definitely would like to try and stay here again next time I'm in New Orleans. This is a business hotel, I didn't see a single child during my entire stay. It was great.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CarlCJ79
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear CarlCJ79,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We appreciate your kind words and compliments regarding your stay. We strive to make our guests' travel needs as easy as possible during their visit, and we are happy you enjoyed your overall visit. Thanks again for staying with us - we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have mixed feelings about this hotel.
On one hand-
The check in staff was very friendly, the location is good and the lounge is new, comfortable and offers good breakfast and nice snacks in the evening.
BUT:
The concierge service was terrible! The 2 concierge I met were not patient. I am not familiar with New Orleans and could have used some advise but after trying a few times and feeling that the person infront of me was impatient and not too attentive I gave up. I feel that concierge service is quite an important aspect of a great stay and visit and this hotel lacks this service.
The room was spacious and clean but needs some renovation, the bath tub was quite cracked.
Service wise, I had to call 4 times inorder to get some extra shower gel and a shower cup.
Not the true JW Marriott experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Dr_Iris_B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We are glad that you enjoyed our wonderful location and our new lounge. However, please accept our apologies for being inattentive to your needs and for the unsatisfactory service you received from our concierge during your stay. These issues will be addressed with our concierge team to prevent them from occurring again. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

JW. Marriott is decent Marriott,... BUT DEFINITELY NOT a JW Marriott. Very plan,
I could had stayed at the regular Marriott across the street for cheaper money. I also could had a pool too because the one at the JW was under construction which they didn't tell us until we checked in.

Finally, WHY Do the Shades on the window only close to only 50% of the window, It is as if they don't want you to sleep pass 6:00am. I Never seen that before.

Room Tip: If your Shades don't close,.. COMPLAIN,.. maybe you can save a future resident at the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear paulwil11223,

We appreciate your remarks about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to ensure that our guests leave with pleasant memories, so we're sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We apologize for the condition of our pool at that time. We will make every effort to notify guests in the future when the pool is closed due to maintenance/construction issues. We have shared your feedback regarding the window shades with our Housekeeping and Maintenance to see if any adjustments can be made. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again.