“Why Am I Not Allowed to Sleep Late?”

JW Marriott New Orleans
Ranked #71 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 November 2017

JW. Marriott is decent Marriott,... BUT DEFINITELY NOT a JW Marriott. Very plan,
I could had stayed at the regular Marriott across the street for cheaper money. I also could had a pool too because the one at the JW was under construction which they didn't tell us until we checked in.

Finally, WHY Do the Shades on the window only close to only 50% of the window, It is as if they don't want you to sleep pass 6:00am. I Never seen that before.

Room Tip: If your Shades don't close,.. COMPLAIN,.. maybe you can save a future resident at the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear paulwil11223,

We appreciate your remarks about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to ensure that our guests leave with pleasant memories, so we're sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We apologize for the condition of our pool at that time. We will make every effort to notify guests in the future when the pool is closed due to maintenance/construction issues. We have shared your feedback regarding the window shades with our Housekeeping and Maintenance to see if any adjustments can be made. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We just adopted a baby and had to stay in New Orleans a while. Positive check in experience with excellent supervisor who saw we needed assistance checking in and then we received a congratulations card and dessert within 30 minutes of arriving to our room from all the staff! Such a nice gesture that made such a positive impact. Good views and nice location close to the boardwalk outlets.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear jmedero,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review of the JW Marriott New Orleans. Service and facilities are our best assets that we can offer to our guests, and we are thrilled to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks again for recognizing our convenient location, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again for another memorable trip.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The venue was fantastic, right in the middle of the city where you need to be, close to the Conventional center. Food was great. Rooms are very big and the beds feels like home. Very friendly people and just a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear niklaass,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of JW Marriott New Orleans. It’s a pleasure knowing you loved all the aspects of your trip, particularly our outstanding service and convenient location. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The lobby, entrance ways, and concierge lounge certainly say “JW.” As you start to look closer, though, it starts to crumble. Honestly, the property would be a nice Marriott, but I’m not sure I could safely call it a property worthy of the “JW” title (or price premium that brand can demand!).

Rooms: I originally had a decent corner room on a high floor. Some yayhoos near me started smoking at night which filled my room (more on that later) so I had to move to a standard room. Boy that bathroom was small. Had to close the door just to get to the shower. I’ve seen much bigger bathrooms in Hampton’s and Fairfield’s.

Staff: I could honestly forgive a fair bit with the room and smoke and whatnot. Obviously neither of these are there “fault.” However, when paying $300+ per night, I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the Staff.

I put in a mobile request before dinner for some extra pillows and toiletry items. They were marked as done a little while later. Great! I can get in and go to bed. Nope. Had to call down twice to get the items delivered 45min later.

When my room started smelling strongly of cigarette smoke, it took over an hour and a half from beginning to end (late at night) for the issue to get resolved. I was at one point offered “for the housekeeping to come freshen the room up.” Yeah, that’s not super helpful.

In both instances, I had to drive the issue resolutions forward. Each staff member I spoke with seemed personally bothered that I had to call. I realize they are busy and I will not for a second sent that I wasn’t the most cheerful in all of this. However, I would expect more from the staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Cphwilliams,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Although we are confident some of these instances are isolated, this in no way excuses the fact that we failed to provide you an outstanding stay. We value your loyalty to the Marriott brand and we promise that immediate steps will be taken to ensure that we do not repeat these mistakes. We hope you will consider a future visit so that we can better demonstrate our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This Marriott is typical of the brand. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had issues with our heating/cooling system and had to have maintenance come up and deal with fixing it, which they did very quickly. The staff is very, very friendly and helpful. The only thing I really don't like about this hotel (and we've stayed here a few other times) is how cold the halls are. I mean, they are freezing cold! There is a nice bar there, but you practically have to wear a winter coat to enjoy a cocktail. Not sure what the problem is, but it's always like that.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear flwrpeep,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you loved your comfortable room as well as our helpful and friendly staff. It's encouraging to receive comments like yours that let us know we are meeting our goal of service excellence. We appreciate your feedback regarding the temperature issues in the hallways, we will have our maintenance team look into that. Thank you for staying with us again. We look forward to your next visit.