“Service Above else”

InterContinental New Orleans
Ranked #23 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 May 2016

We booked for three nights at the hotel in the last week of April 2016. WE chose this hotel because it is in the business district but still about five minutes walk from the French Quarter. We have arrived at 10:00 am and to our amazement we did not have to wait at all for our room which was bright and spacious. The staff was extremely nice and the Concierge Roy, was a big help in planing our stay with great tips. My wife has forgot her credit card at the hotel's restaurant. By the time we have found that, we were already flying back but the front desk manager and the chief of security Hugh Harrison were of great help. They did find the card and sent it to us by Fedex. We were speechless.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Joseph Q, Director of Operations at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear odedsho,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by our team. I will make sure Roy and Huey receive some extra recognition based on your feedback. We hope that you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course we have Pete's - on the menu is an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.

Please tell your friends and neighbors about us. We hope to see you back very soon.

Joseph Quilio

Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I had an awful experience at this hotel. There was an initial problem with my reservation which the front desk was quite rude about.
Worse though, they then allocated me to a room that was already occupied by another guest. I went into the room at 11.30pm to find someone else's belongings spread out. I was lucky the other guest wasn't in there. If they had been asleep in bed it would have been quite traumatic for both of us, and potentially very dangerous if they had a gun. I went back to the front desk and they really didn't care much - just gave me another room.
Someone then tried to get into my room at about 6am - I don't know who it was but they had a key. I had the security chain on the door so luckily they could not enter. I was pretty spooked out by this ridiculous hotel and ended up staying somewhere else for the rest of my time in New Orleans.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Brendan122
Joseph Q, Director of Operations at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Hello Brendan122,

I am disappointed to see the experience you had. Guest safety is paramount to our operation and this type of service is not typical of what we are accustomed to providing. I would appreciate the opportunity to personally assist you. Please reach out to me at joseph.quilio@icneworleans.com at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Just spent 11 days in NOLA at the Intercontinental and could not have been happier with the accommodations. The room was lovely and the bed comfortable. Food was delicious and the lobby bar/restaurant had a nice atmosphere. The fruit-infused water at the front desk was delightful. A huge shout out to Jeremy, one of the bell hops!!!! Such a friendly face to see each evening!

Stayed: May 2016

Dear Jody M,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by our team. I will make sure Jeremy receives some extra recognition based on your feedback. We are glad to have him on our team. It sounds like you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course we have Pete's - on the menu is an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

This a nice, clean hotel that is well-maintained so it keeps that clean look, If you are staying around a big New Orleans event, plan to wait a bit for early check-in -- you will appreciate the wait because your room will be spotless, fresh, and ready for you,

Room Tip: This is a well-built hotel, so all of the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Joseph Q, Director of Operations at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear FussyTraveler24x7,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the great service provided by our team. I will make sure our Housekeeping team receives some extra recognition based on your feedback. We hope that you were able to dine in our signature restaurant Trenasse- it features local rustic Louisiana fare. Of course we have Pete's - on the menu is an award winning gumbo and the best grass fed beef from a local sustainable farm.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Oh how I wish I had booked a different hotel.
Check in was ok but very OT by Mark who just did not stop talking and actually telling me nothing about the hotel.
Outside my room door on the floor there were dirty glasses and plates - not a great experience to start.
Room and bathroom ok and good size but rather underwhelming and bed was too firm for my liking.
There is a well stocked mini bar but it is not connected to the electricity and therefore not cold.........who in their right mind in New Orleans wants to drink a warm beer. Why put a mini bar in the rooms unless it is cold...I just don't understand!!! Apparently this is this same for all rooms in the hotel.
Pete's was one of the worst hotel breakfast buffets I have had in a long while.
Ironing board in room was not good, I asked for a new one and they replaced the cover but it was just so wobbly I dropped the iron a few times and was really quite dangerous .......I think you would get better in a travel lodge.
This was my first stay in any Intercontinental Hotel anywhere, so not a good impression for me.
If I am back in NOLA again I will not stay here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Hello 10AFC,

Please accept my apologies for the experience you had. This is not typical of the service or product we are accustomed to providing. I believe we spoke the evening before your departure in order to act upon your feedback. But I would appreciate the opportunity to assist further if possible. Please reach out to me at joseph.quilio@icneworleans.com. Thank you for your feedback and I will be personally addressing these areas. I look forward to hearing from you.