4,386 results
All reviewssazerac barfountain loungeteddy's cafedomenica restaurantbeautiful hotelpersonal conciergethe blue roomfrench quarterking suiteturn down servicechristmas decorationscanal streetclassic hotelbeautiful lobbyroom serviceold worldan upgrade
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We recently spent four fantastic nights at the Roosevelt.
The hotel is approximately one half block on the other side of Canal Street from the French Quarter making for a very comfortable walk to the action but is far enough away for peace and quiet.
We received a great rate so we opted for the Superior King room which was huge. We had a large flat screen TV and a large bureau. A sofa and side chair were arranged in front of the TV with end tables on either side of and two small cocktail tables in front of the sofa. The room also had a nice size desk and a marble entry alcove with a huge closet.
The money spent on refurbishing was well spent. The lobby is spectacular and the room furnishings and details are gorgeous.
We were also very impressed with the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and very very helpful.
We have stayed at other top rated hotels in New Orleans but will only stay at the Roosevelt from now on.

Reviewed 14 April 2010

We recently stayed at this Waldorf Hotel on vacation and loved it from the first minute we arrived. The hotel has been completely refurbished and our room was amazing, very clean, and comfortable. The hotel is 2 blocks from the French Quarter and this classic hotel was a haven to return to after a day of sight-seeing. Having a cocktail in the Sazerac Bar was the perfect way to unwind. Service was as you would expect from a hotel of this quality. Would recommend strongly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The hotel is drop dead gorgeous. The Sazerac bar is fantastic. Service in the bar was very good, though not overly friendly. Our room was small but beautiful and very clean. We loved the 4-nozzle shower, but two vanities would be nice.

There are problems. The doorman made some effort to be helpful, but forget about the two bellmen. We are not even sure that they were bellmen, because they just stood with hands in pockets every time we saw them over the 4 days. I carried my own bag, I hailed my own cab. No one welcomed me to the hotel - I get a greeting even at the DoubleTree usually. What is up with having employees who don't contribute?

We really didn't appreciate the concierge service. He sent us to La Foret, which is a complete scam. He got us a table at Brennans, but not a good table. When we asked for a better table we got it immediately - does Brennans save their bad tables for guests of the Roosevelt? He could not get us a table at Stella, so we called and got our own. If they want to know what a Concierge can do for their business, they should look to Kevin at the Charleston Holiday Inn. He's made a Holiday Inn the hot hotel for goodness sake.

This is a beautiful hotel, and they could be a great hotel. We'd stay again if the price was right, in hopes that management might improve.

Reviewed 13 April 2010

On check in we were not offered ANY of the Hilton Diamond VIP member benefits (I have been Diamond for several years now).

The room was not serviced completely, trash was left in the room and all towels were not replaced. Someone tried to key into the room w/o announcing themselves. My wife and I both did not hear any knock. We did have the door bolt in place but the person who tried to enter did so with so much force that the door closer was malfunctioning and would prevent the door from opening all the way. I wanted to speak with the manager on duty and security. I was able to catch security doing an audit on the lock and later was told it was housekeeping trying to do a turn down. I was told by the front desk people that if we required privacy, hang a sign on the door. I normally do that, but it seems this hotel lacks those. I pointed that out to the front desk person who promised one for us right away. We never got it.

A day later: Still no privacy sign, still no contact with management, room not serviced completely. Used glasses, towels and toiletries not replaced.

Two days later: Still no privacy sign, still no contact with management, room not serviced completely. Used glasses, towels and toiletries not replaced.
3/10: I ordered an in room movie on 3/7, this was not taken off the bill as one of my Diamond benefits. I had to call front desk and ask for this to be done. No one asked how the stay was on check out, and still no one from management contacted me.
During the entire stay the concierge was pretty much non-existent, kept seeing a sign referring us to the front desk for help.

On Saturday the 6th we did speak with the concierge briefly for a map of the quarter. He seemed to be put out by the request.

The water temperature could be described as luke warm at best.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cjharrel
Reviewed 5 April 2010

So I decided to use my HHonors points for a weekend getaway in New Orleans. While the Hilton Riverside and Doubletree were both available for 40,000 points per night, I decided to "upgrade" our hotel, and chose the Roosevelt for 50,000 per night.

Check in was smooth - we arrived very early (around 10.30 am) and were allowed to check in immediately, and were even upgraded to a King Suite room. We were also given 2 drink vouchers for the Sazerac bar, courtesy HHonors.
Nice spacious living room and bedroom but the bathroom was rather small (no space for a bathtub) 2 large flat screen TV's in the living area and bedroom, and a small TV for the bathroom as well, which was a nice touch. Liked the premium quality toiletries in the bathroom.
Walking distance to the French Quarter ( just across the road), and a lot of restaurants in the area all within walking distance.

Now the not-so-nice parts:
We were taking a nap in the afternoon, when someone starts banging our door, and tries to open with a housekeeping key card. Luckily, the deadbolt was in place, and turns out, engineering is at the door because we complained that we can't open a door!!!!! Told him he's got the wrong room, and tried to place a DND outside the room, but couldn't find one in our room!

The second annoying experience: Got the folio on the morning of our check out, with a charge for 2 nights!! This was supposed to be a stay using HHonors points, but looks like they goofed up. Well, no big deal - called front desk and asked for a new folio, only to be told "We're sorry about that. I recommend you call up Hhonors at 1-800-HHonors and fix this" !!!!!

Told the Front desk rep that I don't think so, and things like this are resolved by the front desk usually, especially since I'm still checked in and calling from the room.

Front desk rep probably checked with his supervisor, or someone who knew better, and I got the incorrect charges taken off.

Overall, this is a nice hotel in a pretty good location, and reasonably comfortable rooms. However, as stated by other reviewers, this hotel doesn't seem to get their act together on the service front.
Next time I'm in New Orleans, I'm probably going to try the Hilton or the Doubletree instead!

2  Thank BlueWarrior1