“what a beautiful place”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #22 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed here with a very large group for business meetings. I had an immense king room that was gorgeous and quite oversized for just me, with sitting area, comfy couch -- very spacious yet quite comfortable. The hotel was grandly decorated for the holidays, beautful trees and greens running the length of the long lobby hallway. My last morning there I had a very tasty southern eggs sardou for breakfast -- think eggs benedict but with artichoke hearts in place of the English muffins, spinach, poached eggs, and a rich brown sauce, all just delightful. Wonderful service at all levels. I have no idea what the room rates are because my firm booked all the arrangements, but I would stay again without hesitation. Located across Canal Street from the French Quarter so an excellent location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob P
Write a ReviewReviews (4,036)

Reviewed 21 December 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed. The lobby, decorated for the holidays, was stunning! The Front Desk was welcoming and friendly. Our room, a 1 bedroom suite, was well furnished and quiet. We didn't hear a noise from another guest throughout our entire stay!
The beds was soooo comfortable, it was difficult to get up in the morning. The robes are soft, the bathroom is tiny but well equipped and the room was spacious. We loved this hotel and would not hesitate to return!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

What classy accommodations! We had a business meeting here. The location is great and the setting is lovely. I had a huge room with a nice view of the theater across the street. Easy walk to Bourbon Street, at least on the way there. Beautiful holiday decorations - the white lights in the lobby are stunning. Good food. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This was my first trip to NOLA, I took my husband there as a surprise for his birthday. I mentioned in passing when I was confirming my reservation that it was his birthday. I was so pleased to learn when we checked in that they had upgraded us to a suite for the occasion. The hotel is gorgeous - it was like a sparkly winter wonderland of lights and trees and people dressed up so nice to take photos. The suite was a true suite (i.e., two rooms, two bathrooms, two closets) and made for a great home base for our time in the city. Everything in the room was to our satisfaction - perfectly clean and soft sheets and pillows, nice robes & slippers, good towels and bath products. We ordered coffee room service each day and it was always delivered on time and by very pleasant staff. I can't really add to what others have said - this is a classy, elegant, comfortable hotel, and I can't imagine staying any where else. The only lobby that we walked into that felt even a little bit as festive was the The Hotel Monteleone (but only a little bit...). The Ritz across the street felt like a conference center - cold and empty. We stayed on the 12th floor, across from a lovely old church. You could hear the bells chime, which I thought was nice. Others have complained about the noise - it's true the windows are not soundproof, but listening to bands play and people having a good time down on Canal street didn't bother me - I slept soundly each night. Everyone I encountered in the hotel was warm and helpful, from the business center man to concierge, gift shop, bell hop, and front desk. Pretty sure that I won't be staying any where else when I return. We didn't try the food at the Sazerac, but the pastries at Teddy's were nice. The hotel's house coffee is bracingly strong. Dominica, the Jon Besh restaurant attached to the hotel was really tasty - it's pretty loud in there, so don't plan on a quiet dinner. My only tiny disappointment was that the Guerlain spa isn't a "true" spa, in that it only has services and not facilities (i.e., no steam or sauna or hot tub). Though I was told that may change in 2013.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

You will be hard pressed to find a better hotel in New Orleans especially at Christmas. This place is the height of luxury and customer service. If you can swing it, book a King Superior room for extra space and tons of amenities. Fabulous shower with four shower heads, great make up mirror in the bathroom. The room is filled with luxury, fully stocked bar, large closed with safe, robes and slippers. The room even comes with an umbrella and iHome docking station for your music. But the real appeal for this hotel is the lobby at Christmas - it so beautiful, you have to wait to take pictures because there are so many people lined up. This is a favorite spot for weddings. too. Great gift shop, cafe, restaurant, bar and spa all in one place. You never have to leave.

Room Tip: Choose the King Superior for the best nights sleep.