“Wasteful housekeeping”

The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ranked #18 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The Roosevelt is a very nice hotel with all amenities anyone could ask for. I was disappointed in the non-concern for the environment though. Housekeeping removed towels, a wash cloth and the floor mat after only one use. They probably changed the sheets but I couldn't tell. While I was out for dinner, they performed the bed turn-down service. This is nice and I like having a bite of chocolate before going to bed, BUT the AC temperature in my room was adjusted too low, my TV was turned on, as well as the lights. There is no need for this. AND, after my morning towel was removed I had hung another one near the shower. This towel was unused but removed by housekeeping in the evening when my bed was turned down. UGH!! Disappointing that the Roosevelt Hotel obviously does not consider the environment when performing their housekeeping practices.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,976)

Reviewed 19 October 2011

My spouse and I recently visited New Orleans for the first time in October 2011. When I made the reservation for The Roosevelt I made a note on the online check-in that it was our first time and we were hoping for a memorable experience and booked a superior room. Upon arrival at the hotel, my spouse and I were given an upgrade to a large suite, which was huge, well-appointed, and well beyond our expectations; it had a double door entry way, marble floors, bar, living room, hallways, bath, and separate bedroom - when I say huge, I am talking one bedroom apartment size suite. Everything you could think of was provided: toothbrushes, loofahs, robes, bottled water, shoe shine rags...more stuff than one could ever use. The downside one might ask? The cleaning staff could have done a better job. The bathroom lights had long, possibly female, hairs trailing off them, the very large sunken tub had smaller, black (pubic?) hairs in it. I brought this to the attention of the front desk before we went our exploring the city, with hopes it would be taken care of while we were out, and we were assured it would be. When we returned to our room much, much later that evening, we were surprised to see a nice hand-written note from the front desk clerk apologizing for the inconvenience and two complimentary hotel breakfast coupons inside as an added bonus which was great. What was not great? The bathroom still had the hair - it never did get cleaned. Had we been staying more than one night, I would have been more apt to have complained again, but as it was, we got a few hours sleep and checked-out the next morning. Would I stay again? Possibly. The hotel, it's character, charm, location and amenities were fabulous. But I'd make sure my room was clean before paying over $450 a night again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I spent a long weekend here over Memorial day. Although the hotel overall was very nice, I had an odd incident which made the overall experience less enjoyable. First, one of the pillows on my bed had obviously been previously slept on; it smelled rather strongly. Then, although I wrote a note asking for it to be replaced, it was simply put on top of my bed, with no replacement. The next pillow I got had what appeared to be a rather obvious and moderately large bloodstain. Again, I wrote a note asking for replacement - to be ignored. These things weren't so bad in and of themselves. What *was* really bad was that I wrote two (actual paper!) letters to Hilton headquarters in Maryland explaining the incident - both of which were completely ignored. I found that both odd and in poor taste. Hence this review.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I had a lovely weekend at this hotel. I loved the peace and quiet offered at this property. I also enjoyed that the location is so close to the hustle and bustle of the busy downtown area and public transportation. The staff was very accommodating. My only regret was that the room only had a shower and didn't have a bathtub. The bed was by far one of the most comfortable ever & the blackout curtains the best! I was traveling with a large group of family and friends and did not hear a single complaint from anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Great place to stay!! Very elegant hotel. Great food, service, and staff!!

• Stayed: October 2011