“Lively, upscale, small plate dining”
Review of Meril

Meril
Reserve with OpenTable
Meril is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Neighbourhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: Located in the Warehouse District, Meril is Chef Emeril Lagasse's newest concept and fourth restaurant in New Orleans. Meril's casual restaurant interior is marked by a signature open style kitchen and a large bar area, featuring a varied wine selection and craft cocktails. Named after his daughter, the restaurant showcases some of Lagasse's favorite dishes that he loves to eat, featuring everything from Vietnamese spring rolls to Spanish-style croquettes. Lagasse brings his expertise and distinguished hospitality to Meril, creating a deliciously spirited dining experience. Chef de Cuisine Will Avelar, a veteran in the Lagasse organization, brings his own unique style that complements the diverse menu. At Meril, Avelar works closely with Chef Emeril to deliver bold and flavorful offerings.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you like a restaurant with a lively, youthful vibe this is a good choice. It's a big place but very popular so a reservation seems prudent. (We were a party of two without but they were able to seat us.) There's also seating around the large bar where you can watch TV if that takes your fancy.

We stuck to the small plates although they offer regular entrees as well. The tuna wraps were spicier than we'd expected and the Korean shortribs, while very tasty, could have been warmer. Service was prompt and friendly. Prices seemed fair for the quality and quantity. Overall, a good meal in a lively yet upscale restaurant.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a lovely experience at the Chef's. The sous chef was very friendly and willing to answer all our questions. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. I was worried about the noise after all the review comments, but I thought it was fine. I enjoyed the veggie flatbread and the smoked gulf fish dip. Wish we hadn't come so full. my husband loved the Korean fried chicken, but I thought it was going to be crispy and it is not. We would definitely return!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fun restaurant where the staff gets ready for each shift by having a little party in the back. The cocktails are identified by numbers and are made with the freshest ingredients. My salad was delicious and everyone enjoyed their small plates. Desert is amazing, I would go back just for the pecan pie.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Not a great experience. The service was average to poor. The acoustics are horrible and the restaurant is extremely loud. The food was average and way overpriced. Very gimmicky. I can’t recommend this one. There are way too many great restaurants in Nola to waste your time and money here.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Billmarriott
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed in the Arts and Warehouse district recently while in New Orleans. We asked the cashier at a mini-market for restaurant suggestions within walking distance. She recommended Meril and are we glad that she did! My dinner was outstanding - I had the Point Judith Calamari and the Fennel Rigatoni. The flat breads looked scrumptious as well! The atmosphere is casual and the prices are reasonable for the quality. There is an open kitchen so that you can see all of the magic happen! Wished that this restaurant was closer to my home...