“Garden District and Cemetery Walking Tour”
Review of Lucky Bean Tours

Lucky Bean Tours
Ranked #3 of 243 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Lucky Bean Tours offers public and private walking tours of New Orleans conducted by passionate local guides. We keep our groups small and focus on telling the great stories of this great city. See the French Quarter, Garden District, cemeteries, and more.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and l took a wonderful tour from Lucky Bean Tours. Our tour guide, Jackie B., was superb!! She contacted us the night before with key details. Jackie took us on a walking tour of the historical and beautiful Garden District and the Lafayette Cemetery. She shared the history of many of the homes as well as distinctive facts about the owners and their families. She also covered architectural attributes of the homes. All of us, including my 15 year old daughter, was engaged the entire time as Jackie kept things very interesting. She showed us the home of John Goodman, Sandra Bullock, and the Manning football family to name a few. The cemetery was used for filming the movie “Double Jeopardy”, and one of the homes was used for filming “Benjamin Button”. The very personalized touring experience was a highlight of our trip to New Orleans. We highly recommend this tour - ask for Jackie B!

1  Thank EPWtravel
Libby B, Manager at Lucky Bean Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

We are so happy to have Jackie at Lucky Bean- she's a natural! She truly has a knack for finding great stories and a very engaging way of telling those stories to our guests. We truly appreciate that you took the time to leave a review and we hope you tour with us again. Keeping the interest of the WHOLE family- that's an accomplishment!

All reviews
"culinary tour"
in 6 reviews
"entertaining tour"
in 5 reviews
"best parts of our trip"
"vast knowledge"
in 6 reviews
"two hours"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I randomly jumped onto a tour last year through a friend and I'm glad I did. First time was with Libby and she was great! True local with great knowledge. I enjoyed it so much that when I came back this year, I used the same group. This time was a different guide, Jackie. She was just as amazing, even brought extra hats and sunblock for people. They both had great stories and local knowledge, made sure every kind of interest was piqued and even the second time around was a new experience. Also it seemed very intimate, some other groups were huge and it was a wonder how they could hear or keep everyone involved.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Miko! Repeat business! Thanks for touring with us again and thanks for leaving a review. We really love our small groups. It honestly feels like walking with friends when the questions and observations and laughs start flowing as we walk. Thanks to positive feedback like yours, we will always keep our groups small. See you next year!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Libby was wonderful! Not only was she knowledgeable, but personable and enthusiastic! We were disappointed that we didn’t do more tours with her! We also got to meet her wonderful husband who does tours through her company as well. Definitely do this tour. You will be immersed in the history of Nawlins, the ins and outs of famous families and culture, architecture, and even in Hollywood hot spots ! It has something for everyone. Thanks again Libby!

I remember you, my Northern friends! Thanks for the review and being so interested! I give you five stars right back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic Garden District walking tour with Libby. With ten generations of her family being native to New Orleans, her knowledge is encyclopedic but she conveys it all in a friendly, entertaining, accessible way. Libby is warm, personable and very funny. She knows about NOLA’s history, architecture, horticulture, politics, restaurants and Hollywood connections. Delightful. After our tour with Libby we cannot recommend her too highly and would never tour another NOLA site with anyone else.

Libby B, Manager at Lucky Bean Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for our 200th review! Our business continues to grow because of guests like you, who appreciate a story-filled, small group walk through the historic and fascinating neighborhoods of New Orleans. Please visit us again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I truly enjoyed this amazing morning walk with Libby. It was a small group and Libby was very welcoming, informative and very knowledgeable. In the 2 hours with the help of Libby I got to quickly feel much more familiar with New Orleans. Excellent tour for vitors of all ages.

I love visitors of all ages! The French Quarter is gritty, urban, Creole, colorful, vibrant, and exciting. It gives me energy just being there, and energizes me even more to be able to show it off to my guests. Thank you for reviewing and supporting my little company. Every review helps us realize our dream of continuing to give high-quality tours to treasured visitors.