“AMAZING customer service!!!”

Confederacy of Cruisers Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride with us at Confederacy of Cruisers, New Orleans original and oldest bike tour company. Going on 10 years of great tours and great customers keeping us feeling like the luckiest folks in New Orleans every day when we come to work. The tour that started them all and our others, the Culinary, the History of Drinking and our combined Pedal to Paddle with our friends at Kayakityat. New Orleans is so more than the French Quarter and we want to show you what most visitors don't get to experience. The heart of our city is seen through its other historic neighborhoods on the Creole side of Town, the beautiful Faubourg Marignyand Bywater; and there is no better way to explore them than with New Orleans' original bicycle tour company. Join us as we take you for a bike ride around the old streets and tell you the stories of the New Orleans that most tourists miss. The ride is relaxed, with plenty of time to ask questions, and a stop along the way at a neighborhood bar where you can find out all you want about local life while drinking a delicious Bloody Mary, if you like (water or nothing are also fine choices). For those who want to delve a little deeper, we offer a tasty Neighborhood Culinary Tour and a Historic Drinking Tour (where you get to indulge as you learn), all travelling through our our city like the locals do, on easy to ride classic cruiser bicycles. One speed, slow.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“AMAZING customer service!!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We unfortunately didn't get to go bc of the weather, however the friendliness & communication was exactly the type of customer care I'd give others in the situation. We received ample notice of cancellation via text then a personal phone call with recommendations on where to go on our own culinary tour, which were spot on! We checked out all 3 places recommended to us with great experiences. We cannot wait to take this full tour upon our next trip to NOLA! Highly recommended!

1 Thank aimeefreeus

Denver
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“MUST DO!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We did the drinking tour on Thursday, May 3 and our guide was Laura. What a doll! It was by far the most fun we had while we were in NOLA and it was definitely worth the price. It was such a treat to be on a bike to explore the French Quarter, the Marigny, etc. We loved the history of it all, and we LOVED the drinks!!! We stopped at 5 different places, heard the history of each place and each drink, and were even able to take drinks with us!! The bikes were set up with holders and baskets....FUN FUN FUN!!! I highly recommend doing a tour with Confederacy of Cruisers. Can't wait til we go back!!! I definitely want to do the Culinary tour next time or whatever they have available...I'd love to do every single tour!...But until then, Les bon temps Roule!!!!

1 Thank KrisDenver
Irvine
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not sure the basic NOLA tour was worth $45”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I decided on this tour because of the rave reviews. While the tour was nice, it wasn't amazing. In retrospect, I might have enjoyed the tour more if I had gone on the 9th ward tour. I understand that the tour company has to make money, but I felt that the tour had too many people (8 or so) for the narrow streets. Some of the members of the group were not super stable on the bikes so it was a little scary at times. The tour guide spoke just a little too fast, so it was hard to absorb all of the information....but then again, he was trying to pack a lot into our stops. Because of the large group,the guide could not communicate with the group while we were riding. The pace of the ride was also a little slow and I could have lived without the stop at a local bar for a bloody mary.

I would come back and try the 9th ward ride, based on the reviews, but I don't think the original tour was worth the time and money.

2 Thank IrvineHarley
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“High point of my week in NOLA.”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We took the "Original Creole" tour. Looking back, this was the best thing my wife and I did in our (short) week in NOLA. We covered a lot of ground but saw a lot of what we covered, as only bikes can. Marigny, Bywater, Warehouse, Tremé. Very pleasant ride, beautiful weather, lots of historical details and other interesting facts (how could New Orleans fail to be interesting?) and pleasant interactions with the locals. Plus: bloody marys in the morning! (I had a red eye with bloody Mary mix, also very nice.)

1 Thank JohnL4_27709
Redondo Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“big fan!”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

my friend and i loved the bike tour to/through the lower ninth ward. so worthwhile! it's an up close and personal experience in an area that needs our understanding and awareness. visiting the house of dance and feathers, in resident's back yard, is a true highlight. great guide and excellent information. highly recommend.

1 Thank Lida J