“Perfect location, beautiful house”
other travellers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen built from ground up in last five years!
our home full frontal view
Check Availability
full frontal view
main gate
front porch
kitchen/sunroom
great kitchen, with courtyard thru windows
kitchen
courtyard
downstairs suite bedroom
room #2 shower
room #3 bath
balcony queen room upstairs.
view from front room balcony
suite parlor
suite bathroom
stairs - not kid-friendly!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
New Orleans, Louisiana

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 397 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
musicgalN...
New York, NY
“Perfect location, beautiful house”
Reviewed 27 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at La Maison Marigny and were particularly pleased with the location - on a quiet section of Bourbon Street just on the border of the Marigny. We were able to walk into the French Quarter each day and enjoy Frenchman Street just 2 blocks away at night. We thought the house was lovely and enjoyed the Owner's Suite which was honestly more space than we needed! We did find the temperature of the house to be overly chilly, which was probably because of the mugginess outside. We were quite cold in our room and wished there was a way to control the temperature and draft in our room. I suppose in the summer this would not be an issue.
One thing to note is that the owners do not live at the B&B. While John is always accessible by phone I felt that it was a little odd, in such a small B&B, for the guests to be left on their own at night.
I had emailed John previously to ask about lighter breakfast options. His breakfasts are delicious but quite heavy. He very kindly made fruit salad for us which I think other quests appreciated as well. There was some cereal to be had (though John mentioned we should check if it was stale) but only a small amount of milk in the fridge so if I had wanted any John would have had to go out and get more. This is not at all unusual for B&Bs, but I feel generally that lighter breakfast options should be offered to all guests as a regular thing. We are not fussy eaters by any means, and have no dietary restrictions, but we prefer to eat healthier, at least sometimes!
Let me reiterate that we very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend this B&B to anyone. The minor points I mention are just to assist other guests with information we would have liked to have prior to our visit.

27 Mar 2013
I would like to thank the guest for their positive review. We agree that our location is the best (!) and that the house is quite nice and are glad to see other share our opinion. In fact, just this week the Canadian daily newspaper Globe and Mail commented that our B&B was "perhaps the perfect B&B." Made us blush! It should be noted that the Owner's Suite is on a thermostat separate from the other rooms so it's relatively easy to adjust temperatures. Of course, during wicked cold snaps like we've had this week it's challenging to regulate the temps of these old Louisiana houses! And we're glad the guests enjoyed breakfast and are glad we could provide healthier options, even though 95% of our guests want to splurge a bit when traveling. While it's difficult for small B&Bs to honor multiple special meal requests, we'll always make sure no one goes hungry!
Samburuwe...
New York
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

John was an amazing host! He made 2 New Orleans "first timers" feel very welcome and made certain that we were well informed .Wonderful breakfasts, served with lively conversation from our host, started our day off perfectly. This B&B is comfortable, convenient and attractive, located on the quiet, residential end of Bourbon Street with lovely private homes and friendly neighbors.We'll definitely stay here again!!

27 Mar 2013
It's always nice to get great reviews from guests and we appreciate you taking your time to write. While we're not always perfect, we do strive to make sure guests are comfortable and are having a good time while in the city. Please do come back and see us!
DickPBall...
Ball, Louisiana
“Can't wait to go Back !”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

If you truely want the best of everything in or near the French Quarter, this is by far the best place to stay. We had a reunion with 3 other couples from High School, therefore , we had the whole B & B to ourselves. Had a blast. John , the Owner, Host and Chef, cold not have been more cordial and helpful ! We had some ideas and suggestions of places to see and do, but John gave us even more, and better insight on the best of everything. We were lucky enough to get the "Owner's Suite", but all of our friends enjoyed their rooms equally as well, they all chose their rooms before we even got their, and were very happy with their choices. Beautifully decorated rooms, we used the suite lounge are as our gathering place, as well as the kitchen /dining area, which was very comfortable. All 8 of had a place to sit during our wonderful and delicious breakfasts each morning. Only 1 1/2 blocks to the Quarter, and the other way to Frenchman St. , where there is more to do than you'll have time for. Once we parked our cars right in front of the B & B, we never used them again till we left ! John made us feel just like we lived there, and we had a ball. We will never consider using any other place to stay when we visit the French Quarter. Thank you John !

Travelling group: Friends
27 Mar 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. The guest in question was part of a group that rented the entire B&B and they were a hoot. It was a fun time for all, including me!
kiltedcat
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Absolute gem in the Marigny”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We have been to New Orleans five or six times, but this was our first time trying the Maison Marigny. What a find! Our stay here was absolutely a delight from beginning to end. We received a warm welcome from John Ramsay, one of the two owners who made us feel like family. The place is beautifully decorated, warm and inviting. Each morning we went down to a fabulous breakfast prepared by John himself, at which point we would chat about our plans for the day, getting tips on things we might not already know. Our bedroom (one of only four rooms in the Maison) was comfortable and cozy, with a full bathroom and fluffy towels. What more could you want? Oh, it’s also about a two minute walk away from Frenchman Street, with tons of music clubs, restaurants, etc. A perfect location at the end of the night! We would recommend Maison Marigny highly to anyone, if you can book a room – it fills up fast.

2 Mar 2013
Thank you very much for such a lovely review. Thrilled you had a good time at the B&B and liked our rooms, breakfast offerings and overall service. We try very hard to be around when needed and not when guests want and need privacy, particularly in the afternoons when a nice little nap is just what the doctor ordered. (One needs a nap before hitting Frenchmen Street, I think...the music can go until way past my normal bedtime!) Please get out of that Boston cold next winter and come back to visit...if not before then!
TeeJay091...
Boston, Massachusetts
“An Enchanting Experience- Seriously, Stay Here”
Reviewed 23 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

There's just no reason for you to stay anywhere else if you are visiting New Orleans, no matter what you want to do while you are here. Others have mentioned its incredibly convenient location, but I can't say enough that I felt we were ideally situated, tucked in on the quiet end of Bourbon Street between the revelry of the other end of Bourbon and the jazz clubs of Frenchman. Nothing is very far away in this area, but still.

If you haven't been to New Orleans (and I had not), you may note there are a large amount of hotels over near Canal Street. My friends have stayed over there and suggested it, but I am so glad I didn't. You can go to any US city and find hotel chains all built up on a strip, and have a "canned" hotel experience. It might be good, but never great. If you want your hotel/B+B to be a special and magical part of your trip to New Orleans, OR you just want to relax a tiny bit outside the chaos of a dense commercial area, please stay at La Maison Marigny.

Our room was beautiful, gorgeous tall windows, and an incredible bed. Sometimes on vacation after a few days, I get a little homesick for my bed and surroundings, but I felt so at home here that I just didn't care to leave.

John was the best. Every morning, there was some new and wonderful dish to try, and you just have to give into the surprise. I mean, chocolate french toast, biscuits, blueberry pancakes- seriously, you are never going to be unhappy. It brought me down from my room cheerily every morning like a kid at Christmas. Aside from breakfast, John was just all around helpful and friendly. I've been to other B+B's and never felt the level of attentiveness that we got here, and we didn't feel crowded either. John waited with us when our cab to the airport was late and after they picked us up I turned to my boyfriend and said "I think I am going to miss John," and he said "me, too."

I honestly feel like we were so lucky to find this place. I'm sure you will feel the same.

2 Mar 2013
Wow, you should be in PR! That review is making me blush! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay both in New Orleans and at La Maison Marigny. And I have to concur...our locations is probably one of the very best in town for those who want to experience New Orleans without being in a sterile, loud, expensive downtown hotel. We appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to your next visit "down South."
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing