“Color Me Green”

Forage Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 31 Dessert in Madison
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Reviewed 31 July 2018

My niece turned me on to Kombucha this summer so she had to bring me to Forage to try some of their homebrew and salads. I had the LOCAL ROOTS salad with
Mixed greens, roasted beets, citrus-marinated fennel, local goat cheese, caramelized walnuts, lemon herb chicken, maple sherry dressing for $11. It was so unique and flavorful - I savored every bite. We sat outside to eat and took in the sights and sounds of State Street. Gotta love fresh greens from local farms!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

While dropping my daughter off at UW Madison my wife, daughter and her two roommates went to forage for lunch.
They split a Power Bowl which is forbidden black rice, rosemary lentils, roasted sweet potatoes, poblano slaw, green onion, house guacamole, jerk chicken, goddess dressing. I think my daughter was in heaven from her reaction.

I'm sure that this will become a common stop on future visits.

1  Thank Jim and Delmy G
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Delicious breakfast! My family loved starting our day out with this large acai bowl. It tastes great and affordable for this large portion. I also absolutely loved the vibe in the restaurant!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

It's a little teeny storefront on the south west side of State Street and boy is it good! Really healthy food, lots of vegan, veggie and meat options. Crunchy healthy and good at the same time - find this place for sure!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I love this place! For years, I struggled to find enough convenient and tasty health food options near the Madison campus, but once Forage opened, I was in heaven! Though the prices seem a bit steep, they use extremely tasty and fresh ingredients, and the portions are generous!

The power bowl gets me through the school week, seriously. Every veggie in it is delicious, and the homemade guac on top is amazing. Plus, the chicken is super flavorful and cooked to perfection.

They also serve awesome kombucha that is made in-house, and the staff is super friendly!

1  Thank NicoleC5876