“Road star rocked it”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 29 January 2015

Needed a inexpensive hotel in Madison Wisconsin. Front desk clerk was very accommodating to me upon arrival. I needed to get a work project finished and the room was plenty adequate.
Cleanlliness was fine as expected. Water pressure in sink was almost non-exsistant.
Checkout was easy.
I would returnot for sure.

Room Tip: I picked a room in the "C" door area. Very quiet during my stay.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter M

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am currently staying here on business. I had to continually keep extending my stay and the front desk staff were always receptive. They even adjusted down my rate to a weekly rate when I extended for the third time beyond 7 days. Hotel and rooms are run down a bit, but units have many amenities inside of them. All for only $60/night. A definite positive experience that exceeded my initial expectations based on outward appearances.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quiet. I was told they have suites as well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Angel2699
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked a double bedded room for two days (Via Orbitz)while my dad was admitted after having major surgery. When I arrived I was put in a single room, which would not have worked since I had two people with me. They didn't look at the reservation on the computer, and they said that. before we went to the desk we set our stuff down in the room ( the single bed room) and there was a guy in the hallway trying to pick up hookers! He actually tried to get us to come into his room! my mother locked herself in the room while my girlfriend and I went to the front desk to get the room fixed. When we returned with the new room keys the guy was leaning against his door staring at us and acting like a creep.

We moved rooms and then returned downstairs to move the vehicles and get the rest of the stuff. My girlfriend remained in the room this time. When I went back upstairs to get into the room the key would not work. I fiddled with it for five minutes then went back to the desk to get a different set. When I tried that one they wouldn't turn either. I was beyond frustrated at this point. I let my girlfriend mess around with it and she discovered that the key had to be put in all the way and then pulled out a notch and then it would turn, but only the one way. With that problem figured out, we tried to settle in for the night.

Upon looking at the room, there were holes about the size a bullet would make in the ceiling, and they had nothing to do with cables for the television, which was at the other side of the room. Apparently they have had problems with theft of parts of the cable box and television because there was a note posted above the television that they charge you if anything is moved or missing from either. There were water stains in the bathroom by the tub. Under the one bed was a partial condom wrapper and a sock. The microwave was unusable because there was a burn hole in the glass on the door. The floor was dirty. My mom stepped outside to have a cigarette and there was a guy trying to get money out of her. When she came back we locked and double locked the door for the night.

The next morning we left around 10:30 am, not bothering to check out “breakfast”. The entire building was in disrepair. There was siding missing, broken window screens, peeling and ripped carpeting. The parking lot was riddled with potholes. When we returned around 8:30pm, we discovered that our room had not been touched. The man trying to pick up hookers was hovering outside the entrance. When we went up to our room, there were bags of trash sitting in the hallway. When we stepped outside to go to the car two hours later they were still there. When we were trying to go to bed, there were a couple people milling around in the hallway talking extremely loud on their cellphones and to each other, as well as tromping up and down the stairs. There was no one at the desk. The next morning when I turned in the keys I got a “thank you” and the lady disappeared. The only plus on this stay was that after we switched rooms, the lady at the desk asked us if we needed any coffee.

Overall, We did not feel safe in this place. After a long and stressful day, coming in to this dilapidated hotel and dealing with all of this made everything worse. We will definitely never stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Ashlee S
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Room was nice, clean, great value for the price. Staff is really friendly, I needed a few more pillows and the front desk staff didn't heistate to offer them up to me. Free wifi and cable is nice. The breakfast bar is good. The maidstaff is really nice. Always willing to work around my schedule. Not too noisy. The weekend got a little loud sometimes but was quickly addressed and resolved. I'd recommend the Roadstar to anyone looking for a great deal. I had to send out a couple of faxes and letters, the front desk didn't charge me for the faxes or postage. That's a rarity these days. I see there are posts on here with complaints. I suggest you bring that up directly with staff while staying at the motel. Paul at the front desk would be more than willing to work with you. He's a really hospitable guy.

Room Tip: ask for a newly updated room! they are in the process of updating and if one is available, they wou...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mrsperez123
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Road Star on Oct 10 to 11th. We were travelling from Toronto to Winnipeg to visit family for Canadian Thanksgiving and had been travelling for 17 hours already. We booked the room through Hotels.com and chose the Road Star mainly because of the price and the location. We didn't check out the reviews before booking, and afterwards I was a little wary but IT WAS GREAT!!!

We arrived at around 10 pm, the guy at the desk was super friendly and gave us our key, told us everything we needed to know about the place. Our room was on the 2nd floor, and was a little small but it was enough for my husband and I. Sink and mirror was outside the bathroom which was perfect for us, (makes showering and getting ready in the morning so much easier!) Bathroom was a good size, lots of hot water and great water pressure. The parking lot was full, and we saw people while checking in and bringing in our suitcases, but we heard absolutely nothing all night. Comfy beds, great place to stay if your looking for a nice, quiet, safe place that's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple