“Great affordable food!”

Ranked #11 of 1,014 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Latin, Venezuelan
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: We offer traditional Venezuelan & Latin American cuisine. Visit us and delight your palate with the taste of delicious authentic Venezuelan SAZON. Enjoy our dining room or, for those on the go, call ahead and we'll have your order ready for you to pick up and carry out.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Not at all what I expected when walking into a restaurant but it was great! I am new to Venezuelan and Latin American food. The lady was incredibly helpful in picking out authentic food which is the whole reason for trying different cuisines!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Wanting to try something different on my trip thru Madison, so I dropped in. Had a kind of combo plate with plantains, rice, beans and 3 kinds of meat. WAY more food than I needed but it tasted so good. Highly

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We stopped for lunch here and were greatly impressed. Lots of flavor and a wonderful staff. We'll be back.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

My coworkers and I love ordering lunch from here because the food is so yummy! Definitely try the epanadas! They're soooo worth the calories.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Having been to Venezuela in 2012 for a couple weeks for a friend's wedding (before all the chaos started after the death of president Chavez), I wanted to get some great tasting authentic food that originates from Venezuela in Wisconsin somewhere. La Taguara came up on Trip Advisor (and Facebook) as a good place to get it. I was driving home from Janesville with a couple of Mexican friends and suggested stopping at La Taguara. They were all in to try it, as was I. When first entering the building, it reminded me of a Mexican taquería, which has great food, but it has a simple seating arrangement. It's not a super high class restaurant, but the food here tastes GREAT!!! I got their national dish Pabellon a Caballo, which consists of black beans, which tasted like Cuban beans, shredded beef, rice and the ever popular fried plaintains and an arepa. Wow, what great taste!!! The beef was great, almost melting in your mouth. The beans were full of flavor for sure. The plantains honestly didn't have a lot of taste, but a couple of sauces will change it. My friends at first thought there wasn't a whole lot of flavor, until they got a hot sauce. That stuff is hot!! They admitted that as well, which says a lot, considering many Mexicans, including my friends, love spicy tasting foods. I can handle habanero peppers, but this spice doesn't have much flavor, just a lot of heat!!! Overall, the food here is as authentic Venezuelan food as you can get. I can't wait to go back to sample their different flavor arepas, empanadas, pastelitos, patacon pisao and mojitos. There are some other Latin American foods to try also. In conclusion, go, bring friends, order, eat and savor. Repeat the process. I know I will.
Thanx for reading. If you found the information beneficial, it would be appreciated if you would tap the helpful button below. Thank you

5  Thank Tigerman777