“Great Food, Great Service, Great Prices”
Review of Cottage Cafe

Cottage Cafe
Ranked #166 of 1,005 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband and I found this place while in the area before we moved here. We were very impressed then and equally as impressed now - over 4 years later. Every time we have gone there, the staff were so friendly and professional. The food is always excellent. We try to get there early because this place is always super busy by late morning and we've had to wait to get a table. It's a shame that they are only open for breakfast and lunch, but I'll take what I can get. The prices are very reasonable as well. This place is worth it!

There are newer reviews for Cottage Cafe

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stopped here for lunch and will go back again. Busy but plenty of tables.

We tried the daily special, which was meatloaf. Very tasty! Good waitress but she wasn't a pest-she waited until we were done to clear away our dishes.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

My brother suggested we meet at this diner just two blocks from where I grew up. I had to ask twice for direction as I have no memory of "a diner in the strip mall behind the firehouse". It was a good choice.

Lots of room. Much bigger than it looks from outside. Good menu and decent service. My eggs were prepared properly and served hot. All and all, a good diner experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We love the Cottage Cafe. It is our go-to spot for breakfast, brunch, or lunch. Friendly staff, good food in large servings at modest prices. Crabscakes Benedict, Cottage platter, Big breakfast - it is hard to go wrong. Great daily specials. Go. Eat. Enjoy.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Food was very fresh, with the eggs benedict with potatoes being good and filling. Their potato pancakes were very good, with the accompanying applesauce being served in a separate dish (yes!) and syrup available on request. Their specials looked inviting (a Reuben omelette) and on the way out the door they have posted the next day's breakfast and lunch specials. If you're a liver and onions fan, it's on the menu.