“Suprise find”

Ranked #81 of 1,083 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Old fashioned supper club with wonderful food and great service. Outstanding specials and appetizers with cost effective cost.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My boyfriend and I went to Delaney's and we both left stuffed! Before you order, your table receives a loaf of bread. One interesting aspect about this place is we had two servers. One who took our order and another who brought out our food. Interesting concept, but I liked it.

For dinner, I ordered a soup and it was HUGE! It was not a side of soup, it was as big as an entree. It was very good but filling as well. Careful not to get too full on the soup! The special was chicken enchilada soup, which was a good creamy base (I prefer creamier soups). Our steaks came out afterwards (we both ordered New York Strip), very good. It came out on a really hot plate still sizzling. This was also a new experience for me as well, which I thought was neat. I'd recommend trying if you haven't been.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Great food, great staff and wonderful atmosphere! Ate there two nights in a row! Nice outside dining as well. Fast service!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I arrived before the others in my dinner party and sat at the bar. The bartender noticed me trying to clean my eyeglasses using the edge of my t-shirt and brought me a little spray bottle of cleaner and a microfiber cloth—what a great guy!

Then our server was great in taking our drink and dinner orders. My filet and soup were pretty good. The garlic mashed potatoes were just so-so. And I would have liked a sauce on the steak but didn’t notice anything on the menu.

The only really unpleasant part of our visit was that this was a working / business dinner. And on a couple of occasions a male employee came to the table to collect plates, etc. and he managed to interrupt our conversation at least four or five times within a few minutes.

This may not bother some people but it absolutely drives me nuts. So while I enjoyed the food, the setting, the bartender and most of the servers, I departed as an unhappy customer and would not return. Hint to the clean-up guy: absolutely nothing you need to do or say is as important as anything that the people paying the bill are saying to each other (so try to be more seen and less heard).

1  Thank GoneOffTheGrid
Reviewed 26 July 2018

My husband and I were looking for a new steak restaurant for our 26th wedding anniversary dinner. We thought Delaneys would be a wonderful choice. When we first walked in,the ambiance is great!
When we looked at the menu,we were surprised to see the prices were much more than what we saw online. I really wanted steak and seafood, but had the prime rib special,which was delicious!
We had 2 people waiting on us also. The main server #29,he was fantastic, however, the backup server could use some fine dining training! She was polite, but made some huge service mistakes! The first one was reaching over my plate while I was eating my salad to set down steak knife for entree. She said excuse me, but should have gone around me. The huge mistake came when my husband's filet was way undercooked and he sent it back. When she returned with it after him sitting with nothing to eat, she brought out the filet on a tiny plate! She asked him to cut into it to see if it was acceptable, which it was. Then, she proceeded to take his dinner plate away leaving him to eat his filet with little room to even cut it up! Once the main waiter came back and asked how it was, the filet was gone. My husband expressed that the filet was cooked properly,but that it would have been nice to have his dinner plate to eat it on with some potates. He apologized, but nothing further was done except a hot fudge sundae for our anniversary!
Like I titled this review, unfortunately, the price didn't equal the service!

1  Thank _61pattig

Been to Delaney's Steaks and Seafood? Share your experiences!