“Good food, good brew, great view”

The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co.
Ranked #130 of 1,004 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Our first stop at a Great Dane and we weren't disappointed. First of all, see if you can sit upstairs as the view of Mad-Town is wonderful with the Capital in view. The burgers are huge! I had the burger with brat patty which was delicious and a true taste of Wisconsin. The beer is worth trying as many as you can with a taster tray. I would imagine it would be crowded on Badger game days, and it is easy to see why. Stop in for good food and good brew. Your view is the icing on the cake.

There are newer reviews for The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We've been fans of all the Madison based Great Danes for years.

Excellent food no matter what you get.

I am partial to the fish fry, which is a Wisconsin tradition.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Come on it's a brew pub so you know it will be fun. Many good food choices Quality is high service is fast and good. They always have lots of tv's with all the Wisconsin favorite sports teams on.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Love this location! The view upstairs of the city is great. I have never had anything to eat here that I haven't loved. Good food, friendly service. Definitely on my list when I go to Madison!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Enjoyed the Fried Cod Dinner...that piece of fish was HUGE!!! Fries and cole slaw were both good and started with cheese curds, also very good. Love their Crop Circle Wheat (which they have available in 6-packs which I bought and they gave me lemon slices to take along as well). But wow are there a lot of stairs to their upper dining level!