“Birthday dinner”

Ichiban
Ranked #251 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food for our party of six— every dish from duck, crispy chicken, pork, potstickers and lo mein, was delicious! Will go again and recommend it highly. Service prompt and friendly and the birthday girl received a free drink!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I are foodies and were encouraged to try Ichban by Peggy (the Innkeeper) at the fabulous Livingston Inn. What a treat! The food was not only delicious but authentic and extremely reasonable in price. We will definitely return and would encourage others to as well. A rare find!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Thanks for great food and delivery at this cold and dark time of Chinese New Year in Wisconsin. The guy who delivered the dinner, looked like postdoc. I myself had been a postdoc! Happy enterprises, man!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stopped here for a solo dinner and treated myself to beef tendon in chili oil, Dry-Braised Lamb with Spicy Sauce in Hot Pot and some bok choy The tendon was tender and spiced heavily with chili and sichuan peppercorns and as good as I have ever had. the Lamb was also very well done. The bok choy was a disappointment as it was soggy.

The service was friendly but really disjointed. They forgot about me for at least 10 minutes, but apologized for the wait.

What came next was interesting. They brought a bowl of white rice first. I waiting another ten minutes and the lamb came. Another 10+ minutes the tendon appetizer came. Finally when I was just about done eating the bok choy came out. Odd.

Even given that the tendon and the lamb were good enough that If I were in the area again I would come back and try something else.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Great Chinese food. This place is really authentic Szechuan food. Sure you can get your general's chicken, but go for the stuff you can't get at the mall. I recommend the spicy duck tongue, and the Yangzhou fried rice. The spicy hot mapo tofu is very good too