“A lot of good food for the money”

Lakeview Bakery and Deli
Ranked #263 of 1,045 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I had lunch with a friend at the Lakeside Deli. As I'd never been before, he instructed me on how to order. I had a sandwich, chips and a soda pop for something like $6.75. You build your sandwich to order, and IIRC (this was last month) my sandwich involved a baguette, curry chicken salad, lettuce, tomato, and onion. It was really tasty and so large I ate about 60% of it and took the rest home. If I were staying in Madison (planning to move to the southwest in a few months) I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

We stopped for a quick bite not wanting anything fancy or a full meal. We had wanted to go to the Essen House but it was not open for lunch, nor was the North Bar, and here I thought all Wisconsin bars opened early. Anyway we was the bakery and deli on the corner. My wife had a very nice soup and iced tea and I had a ham, turkey cheese taster out of the counter case. I also enjoyed a great tasting peach turnover? four corners of dough turned toward the middle and baked. Loved it. Coffee that I had as fair, but nothing to brag about. Easy on the wallet and great tasting. What more could one ask for?

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

This place is great, it's hard to understand why it has taken me seven years to come here. The food is simple, well priced and very tasty. Staff and friendly and helpful, the food came out quickly and the atmosphere is great. There is free parking in the back. I would recommend have one of their cookies. They are large, most and full of stuff. Very nice. It's part of the Essen House, Hotel Ruby Marie etc. They also have a small patio but it was shut due to being booked out already. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I got the cooks choice sandwich where she randomly puts a sandwich. It was awesome. The cheese was melted, the edges of the spinach were still crisp and cool, there was a ton of ham and it fills you up. The lady was really nice.

You get a sliver view of the lake and a good area to watch traffic and people.

If I lived here if probably become a regular.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Breakfast was included with our stay @ the Hotel Ruby Marie which is connected. The omelet was delicious and the topper was the homemade bread options. The amazing smell of fresh baked sourdough made my mouth water!