“They know their way around some bread!”

Lakeview Bakery and Deli
Ranked #280 of 1,099 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Lakeview Bakery & Deli is located on the corner of E. Wilson Street and S. Blair Street, beneath the historic Hotel Ruby Marie. As a deli and bakery, we offer a variety of breakfast and lunch options, along with an abundance of baked goods and sweet treats for you to enjoy.
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

The coffee and everything else was delicious. My wife and I decided to spoil ourselves for breakfast one morning. We went to lakeview and tried the croissants, the cinnamon rolls, and several stuffed breakfast rolls. It was incredible. The courtyard is ridiculously charming (though in all fairness, it was a perfect day, so I think God gets as much credit as the bakery. But croissants, coffee and a beautiful day with my best friend was about as perfect of a way to start off a week as I could have imagined!

Reviewed 26 April 2015

This was the third or fourth time we ate at LAKEVIEW Bakery and Deli. The first time we wanted German food for lunch, but found that restaurant wasn't open at lunchtime, so since the Lakeview is in the same building decided to try it. My wife and I now make it a point to try and have a free lunch date here when we are visiting Madison. We also get some of Lakeview's specialty breads every time we are in town even if we can't stop for lunch.

Our favorites are the "Lunchbox" and "Lite Lunchbox" combos. Mine has been the Bangkok Pig (ham, shaved pork loin, and Swiss cheese with Bangkok cucumber relish) with a cup of chili and chips. This time my wife chose the Turkey Avocado Melt (turkey, bacon, red peppers, spinach and pepper jack cheese) with a cup of the soup of the day and chips. We enjoy a good cup of black coffee (bottomless) and share a large peanut butter cookie topped with thick rich chocolate for dessert. :)

The man who runs the Lakeside Bakery is also the baker and always has a variety of unique breads (many are made with herbs, and beer) sometimes with sun-dried tomatoes, or ham and different cheeses, or nuts and fruits - all have been delicious! It is worth a trip into downtown Madison just to get a couple of loaves of bread. But don't go late in the afternoon or evening as they are only open during the mornings and at lunchtime.

Reviewed 22 March 2015

Fantastic sweet and savory pastries. Buttery and flaky. I wish this deli were in my neighborhood so I could try the whole menu. Staff was pleasant and very helpful.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

We love that this place is attached to the Hotel Ruby Marie and that breakfast here is free with a stay every week day. Lots of great freshly baked pasteries.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have stayed at many hotels and bed and breakfast, and have to say that the food at this bakery was the best ever! So many savory and sweet treats to choose from! My husband and I loved the little treats with turkey and swiss and the spinach one as well. The cinnamon rolls were amazing! This baker knows what he is doing!