All reviews front desk the breakfast area hot coffee free breakfast yogurt waffle maker the hotel is clean the entire hotel king bed nice stay hotel is located business trip staff was very friendly and helpful stayed one night great place to stay cookies would stay again
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Staff was extremely helpful, rooms were very clean, personal request for wheelchair accessible room was met. Great continental breakfast. Pool was smaller, but was adequate. Only one complaint: we signed up to ride the shuttle to a wedding venue and the shuttle bus was not handicap accessible. Perhaps an update in vehicles is needed. We ended up driving to the venue.

Room tip: We had a first floor room, right off the lobby and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by desk staff. We were happy to learn we were upgraded comp to a suite! The suite was excellent, spacious, king bed, 2 tv’s, and lots of plugs! Very clean and the bed was so very comfortable! Complimentary breakfast was great! The staff paid close attention to ensure all hot food, all foods were well stocked. Coffee is great! Our room was very quiet and the interstate not an issue at all.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived a little after 930 pm after driving from Milwaukee. The agent was swift and friendly. She asked for a credit card for incidentals; not sure why other reviewers are surprised by this action, I’m always asked for a credit card upon check in. She gave me a few water bottles for being a gold member.

We ended up facing a room that faced the highway, but I couldn’t hear any traffic. It’s not like the hotel sits on the freeway, or is at grade. Not sure how the below comments are founded...

The amenities inside the room are standard, but I did appreciate the electric/USB outlet near each side of the bed. I also really liked how I could log into my Hulu on the TV; beats watching it from my phone or tablet. WiFi is free and Reward members (or at least Gold and above) have access to premium internet.

Our breakfast attendant was very friendly, as was all the staff I encountered. Breakfast offerings are basic, but solid. I had a cheese omelet with a side of pineapple and a yogurt. There’s a waffle maker, as well as oatmeal and breads.

I can’t comment on the surrounding area because I arrived at night and drove to Dodgeville the next morning. I did note a pizza place just a few steps away from the hotel.

Overall, a solid stay and would recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We made reservations months before our trip and requested a room NOT facing the Interstate. Upon arrival, we were told that all king bed hotel rooms were on the highway side of the hotel, but the traffic isn't noticeable from the room. (I'd like the hotel personnel to try and sleep in those rooms and then tell me there isn't traffic noise). I asked for another room on the other side of the highway and was told all rooms were reserved. I'm not an expert, but the parking lot wasn't even half full so I doubt the hotel was at capacity. In addition, we were staying for several nights and I think more could have been done to accommodate our request and we are reward members. Also, we were told a hold would be put on our credit card in case "we damaged the room". REALLY?? We're in our 60s and don't go around trashing hotel rooms. When I questioned this hold, the young woman told me all hotels put a hold on credit cards in case of damage. Well, we travel A LOT and have only run across this one other time. That hotel also happened to be in a college town. We think some hotels located in college towns are putting the holds on credit cards in case of room damage. That might be prudent to do if young people check into the hotel, but for senior citizens ..... it's just wrong. The first king room we were given had a refrigerator that didn't work and there was water inside the refrigerator, in the wall unit, and on the carpet. Can't understand why the cleaning personnel never noticed this. Our second room was okay, but there was a salad plate size stain on the carpet between the bed and the dresser; the stain was sticky. We learned to walk over the stain ..... again, something the cleaning personnel should have taken care of. The king bed rooms have to be some of the smallest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in. No place to put two medium size suitcases because everything is literally wall to wall; the small sitting chair is even situated sideways next to the nightstand as there isn't even enough wall space to have it side-by-side next to the nightstand. The luggage stand inside the closet is worthless because if we put a suitcase on it, the closet door couldn't be closed (the closet door nearly touches the bed when it is wide open); there's not enough floor space to put the luggage stand if we would have taken it out of the closet ..... We think the AC thermostat is motion activated because every afternoon when we got back to the hotel room, it was 78 degrees in the room despite having the thermostat set at 70. Once we were in the room, the AC seemed to kick on and cooled the room down, but when it's hot outside, I don't want to walk into a hot hotel room. While the hotel has been recently updated, the small hotel room, hard bed, & traffic noise made this an unenjoyable stay. The breakfast was outstanding ....... loved the choices of yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, juices etc. Shannon did an outstanding job keeping the food well stocked, cleaning the tables, food counter etc. Shannon was friendly and had a great smile & greeting for everyone.
Too pricey for the tiny room we had.

Room tip: All king bed hotel rooms face the highway. There is traffic noise ... especially in the morning.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeb B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Joellyn Stewart and I am the General Manager
at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your
recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to
provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this
issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via
phone anytime at 608-661-2700. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your
confidence in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East.

Joellyn

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

First of all I’m a huge Marriott fan...That being said I was disappointed in this stay for a few reasons. First of all the king room we stayed in was very small. We asked for the non-interstate side of the hotel ( it was very noisy even though we were assured it was not) but were told ALL king rooms were on the interstate side, we were never were offered anything different ( we are platinum reward members and were not offered any sort of upgrade). We asked for a late check out and were told that was fine but our keys were turned off at 11am and housekeeping knocked on the door several times and I had to tell them we asked for a late check out. The hotel is clean and that goes a long way but this time Marriott fell short.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeb B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

issue from occurring in the future.

phone anytime at . I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your
confidence in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East.