“Fantastic Happy Hour!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,083 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: USD 60 - USD 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University Avenue
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I love their happy hour menu for food and the cocktails are fabulous! I have gone with my husband and with friends and have not been disappointed! The sliders are great and the martinis are wonderful!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We had the specialty steak of the day which was a bone in filet that was absolutely to die for. Everything is ala cart and a good glass of wine will run you $13-$15. Phenomenal service and a wonderful atmosphere, this is a place where we had dinner for three people with three drinks and it was $400.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The wife and I went here for our 30th, made reservations on line which was very easy, did note on the reservation that it was our 30th. Service is outstanding, greeted with happy anniversary when I gave our name. Seated promptly and the service began. By far one of the best dinning experiences I have ever had. We had several people who made sure we were taken care of. So now onto dinner, one of the best steaks I have ever had, Ribeye was done perfect tasty and tender, full of flavor. I would recommend this place on any level.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this location over a dozen times and it gets better each visit. I typically get a 6oz filet and shrimp with the creamed spinach and a few others. Perfectly prepared. Amazing staff. For Madison, no other choices really stand up to this place.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined here last night and left less than pleased. First, the good-the food was delicious, especially the spicy shrimp. Also, the restaurant was beautifully decorated and had a nice atmosphere with low lighting. Now, the not-so-good: first, the service was terrible! When we walked in, the host seemed a bit condescending when we answered that no, we didn't have reservations. (Note that we got there around 4:30 on a Sun and it wasn't busy at all, and no one else was waiting to be seated). We sat down and waited and waited...and eventually my husband had to go up to the bar and ask if someone could bring us a menu. The bartender/waiter replied, "yeah, I saw you over there."...The bar wasn't busy at all, so we didn't get why he couldn't have left it for 5 seconds to hand us menus. He didn't seem very friendly. In addition to the poor service, the prices on the regular menu were outrageous. Luckily, we were there during happy hour and got great meals from their more reasonably priced happy hour menu. On the regular menu, though, the majority of the appetizers are about $20, entrées are $30+...and the lowest price for a 6oz glass of wine was $9 with most priced at $12+/glass with the most expensive priced at $49/glass...GTFO!!! While I would have liked to recommend this place bc really, the food was amazing, I just can't due to the poor service and ridiculous prices.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!