“Unassuming Gem”
Review of Everly

Everly
Ranked #138 of 1,060 Restaurants in Madison
Description: A casual, comfortable, eclectic neighborhood eatery on Monroe Street serving brunch, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Tired of waiting in long lines for a table in it over crowded restaurant in downtown Madison? There’s a great solution. Emery is a very spacious, welcoming and first class restaurant only 15 minutes outside of town. Emery has a wonderful menu with delicious appetizers catering to even those with lactose and gluten intolerance. The wait staff was remarkably congenial and efficient in providing for an overall great dining experience. It is clearly under rated in the current trip advisor rankings so take advantage before the rest of the public catches on!.

Benjamin B, General Manager at Everly, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Fahrenfrau

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Everly. I especially enjoyed how you stacked us up next to our downtown brethren. I hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Ben Brady

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Three of us all enjoyed our dinners recently. I had a pasta with sausage dish, which was not well described in the menu but was tasty. My spouse enjoyed her vegetarian dish with squash and forbidden (black) rice. Our guest enjoyed her salmon, which looked good from my vantage!

We started with the roasted brussel sprouts, which had a tasty lemony sauce. The serving was a bit small but perhaps thats because we loved it! :-)

No desserts or wine for us, so we can't comment there.

We will return!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

A friend and I decided to try Everly’s for dinner one night. My friend had been here before, so we thought we were safe. It was a very busy, and as we progressed with our dinner, we marveled at the crowd waiting because we couldn’t imagine waiting for the food we were served. The brussel sprout appetizer was adequate. My friend said last time they were better and had more char on them. I had a cocktail that the waitress told me was very popular wasn’t as good as it looked. It was shockingly boozy. Our entrees arrived, and they were bland looking. I had the steak frites and she had the chicken and lentils. My steak was almost soggy and not very tasty. Her chicken and lentils was virtually tasteless. The chicken and the bread were also blah, tasting exactly like the lentils. Even though dinner was blah, we shared a dessert in hopes it would redeem the night. We were mistaken. The peach crumble gad the look and consistency of baby food. The best part of it was the blood orange sorbet , which was delicious. We don’t plan to return. There was nothing to bring us back. I was generous with the two stars because the restaurant was comfortable and well decorated.

Benjamin B, General Manager at Everly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear LibraryLynn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Everly. We strive to provide flavorful food and cocktails and it looks like we fell short on both accounts and for that I apologize.

We have a new executive chef whom we have been working closely with to provide a better dining experience from start to finish and I shared your comments with him so he can get a better idea of what needs more attention. Our current priority is our dessert menu, but we'll also be working on some of the items you mentioned as well. I also shared your cocktail comments with our lead bartender who is constantly working on new drinks to add to our menu.

I did notice your appreciation of the decor and comfort, and I'm glad you were a fan of those! I would like to invite you back to give us another try--on us. If you would like to accept, please let me know and I'll have a gift card in the mail right away. My email is bbrady@foodfightinc.com, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Ben Brady

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Nice atmosphere, food was overall very good and reasonably priced. not sure if it was an oversight, but the dinner entrees were not served with bread. My companions who had the pasta bolognese and pot roast dinners - lamented they didn't have at least on piece to mop up the sauce(s). I had the burger which was good - but had too much aioli - making far too messy.

Our server was nice enough but seemed kinda lost - or not all there. Maybe he was overwhelmed cause he disappeared for a while. But the kitchen got the food out reasonably fast and other steeped in to get it to our table.

Definitely worth a try - menu is unique but also has something for everyone.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Tried it for the first time last Saturday night. Looked like you needed reservations which we did have. They told me that 1/2 of the tables are reserved and the other 1/2 are left for walk-ins. At first we were given a table right next to the front door. Unacceptable to us since we did have reservations. Food was excellent. The dining area is a bit loud for my taste. Food was excellent as was the wait staff. Plenty of parking.

Benjamin B, General Manager at Everly, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi Lyngas,
Thank you for taking the time to review Everly. I am happy you enjoyed the food and the service, but I was sorry to hear about your experience with our hosts.

When we first opened we did save about half of our tables for walk-ins and reserve the other half. Since then we realized that it is more beneficial to our guests to accept more reservations and we thought our hosts were aware of this but apparently they were not. We will be sure our staff is trained on this to avoid confusion in the future. Also we are happy to take requests for table preferences through reservations such as preferences for booths or more quiet tables for example.

I really appreciate your input and would love to give you the opportunity to give Everly another chance--on us. Please let me know the best address to send you a gift card. You can contact me directly at bbrady@foodfightinc.com.

Best regards,