All reviews lake mendota relaxation pool resort fee boathouse restaurant ice rink beautiful hotel steam room floor to ceiling windows self parking a lake view room room service beautiful room state street restaurants and bars walk in shower king room fitness center
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Just got off the phone with Myron “Bringing the sunshine inside”at The Edgewater reservations desk; he could not have been more friendly or more helpful. I’d called to check that the rate I'd booked was the same as a family wedding block. Myron assured me I had booked the best rate and was pleasant and responsive to my query. I’m certain we will have a great stay if Myron is indicative of the caliber of The Edgewater's staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear nspackfan,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear Myron was able to assist you with your reservation. Please let any of our staff know how we can make your future visit more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you to The Edgewater soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed at the Edgewater for a Badger football game and to see some friends compete in the Iron Man. A very nice hotel, good location, beautiful views. But it is very expensive and there are other good, less expensive options. The best option, especially for Badger alums, and for a lot less $ is the Lowel Center in their remodeled section facing the lake. The Lower Center is a great location close to Memorial Union and with great views of the lake. Plus it has a good breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
asupinmadison, Assistant Director of Rooms at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear your visit to The Edgewater did not meet expectations. I would be happy to speak with you in more detail regarding your recent visit so we may immediately address any concerns. Should you wish to speak with me, please call 608-535-8200. We greatly appreciate you as a guest of The Edgewater and hope to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to Madison.

Jason Wells, Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I booked three nights at the Edgewater when I moved my daughter into the dorm for her freshman year at UW. I am now officially in love with this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a view of the beautiful lake and shoreline as well as the Capital building. I was able to walk to many places on campus. The famous Union Terrace was a short and scenic 1/2 mile walk from the hotel.
In addition to the excellent hotel restaurants, I could walk to many other nearby fun food venues. I had a relaxing afternoon at the spa, which was perfect after dropping my only child off at college.
I’ve already booked several weekend visits for fall swim meets at UW.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Patti K,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are so pleased to hear you loved your recent visit to The Edgewater during move-in weekend and that you were able to enjoy all downtown Madison and the campus have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We splurged on a lakeside room with all glass windows for our 50th anniversary. The room was beautiful, the bathroom was spacious, and the shower was strong and big enough for two. We couldn't park in the garage because our kayaks and rack made our SUV too tall, and the hotel made a place for us that was safe and supervised. Great location, great views, great service!

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are a treat!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear ellenjoljung,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are so pleased to hear you found your room and bathroom comfortable and our valet accommodating of your vehicle and kayaks! We look forward to welcoming you again to The Edgewater when you are next in Madison.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We booked a number of rooms at the Edgewater for our wedding guests to stay at, and when we called to make sure each guest would be able to check in despite the rooms being under our name, Myron made sure that not only would they be able to, but that payment would be a breeze. Thank you to the Edgewater! This is such a weight off of our shoulders. This is a beautiful hotel, and we're so glad that our friends and family will be able to stay here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
asupinmadison, General Manager at The Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear lizzaretsky,

Thank you for your comments. I am so pleased to hear your guests will be staying with us soon, please let any of our staff know if we can do anything to make their stay more comfortable. Thank you for choosing The Edgewater!