Lowest prices for your stay
USD 78
Hotels.comUSD 79
WyndhamUSD 82
Expedia.comUSD 79
1,254 results
All reviews mesa verde indoor pool waffles room was clean hot tub biscuits and gravy hot breakfast plenty of parking queen bed we've stayed nice stay second floor road trip four corners kitchenette motel cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2020

Things didn't get resolved while we were there so hopefully they fixed it before renting it to someone else other then the few problems we had the place was really clean and plenty of parking for people like us with big trailers

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

This hotel was disappointing in so many ways, I'd have to give it a C- if I were a teacher. Not an F because there were a few things that were ok even with COVID.

Booking and checking in: I use trip advisor to scope out places. This fit the bill: kitchenette, pool, hot breakfast, large rooms, great reviews, and a price I felt was food considering it had all these things. They wanted $100 a night when I called them but I was able to book online for $86 /night. I booked it with SnapTravel which I will never use again because it said it would upgrade to a kitchenette with the VI P purchase. Lies. They did not upgrade it and I couldn't even pay to upgrade it because I booked it online. Major failure as we were staying for 2 days with kids. I needed plates and the ability to reheat and cook things on the stove top. I couldn't believe they wouldn't let me even pay to upgrade. That was Unacceptable. I couldn't go somewhere else because the booking was non-refundable.

The room: We got up to the room, 337, and it was nice that it was a corner room with views out two directions. Also, I could tell it had been renovated. The only thing was, whoever did the reno did a terrible job. See photos. But the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The fridge was not cold and it took forever to get cold. I was worried the food would spoil. Sometimes the key would not work as if the door portion wasn't even powered. The shower did not get hot. No plug for my kid to have a bath.

Breakfast: Apparently they just did away with the hot breakfast but forgot to update their website because that was the main reason for choosing this place. We looked forward to biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs, meat, etc. But what we got was cold cereal, yogurt, and apples. Failure. I guess we should be happy there was something?

The pool: The pool atrium was very pretty and clean. They did allow swimming but only 10 people at a time. The problem was that there were very selfish people that took up hours at a time and didn't obey the maximum. It was the same 10 to 12 people in one group for 4 hours. We were able to sneak in at one point when they took a break but they came back in while we were in there pushing the number to 14. Zero respect. And it is kind of unfair to expect hotel employees to act like the police. But the hot tub was big and hot and the pool was big and cold. Refreshing after a hot day.

Customer service: I was pleasantly surprised by the front desk agents. They were very kind and patient. I felt bad for them that they got the brunt of everyone's displeasure. They have to be the face while the hotel owners do a piss poor job of keeping the place in good repair and keep their word on what the website says they offer.

At the end of the day, it was not worth the money I paid even getting a discount using an online booking agent. And the fact that they couldn't upgrade my room at all was such a ridiculous thing. So completely lame. I really needed the kitchene. I couldnt even pay to upgrade. Unbelievable. And then the sad cold breakfast. Avoid during COVID and call ahead to find out if they have made improvements before booking here. :(

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2020

One of the best places we stayed on on our 12 day visit to CO, NM and AZ. The price for our room was reasonable, then upon arrival they upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette which we made good use of. Room clean and bed comfortable. Access to our second floor room via an outside corridor from which there is a nice view of Mesa Verde N.P at dusk. It's a big place and quite a long walk to the room from the elevator near the reception. We just parked below the room and used nearby stairs to get up. The buffet breakfast has a waffle maker and is more than acceptable.

Room tip: From our second floor room with a kitchenette at the back you could step out to the corridor for a nice view of Mesa Verde N.P.
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 15 June 2020 via mobile

I love this hotel! I have been traveling from Florida to California, this was my favorite hotel. During the covid19 crisis, they stood out. Though practicing health and safety standards, we were able to use normal amenities, which many along the way did not. The staff, all were helpful, friendly and smiling, always! Very informative and caring to my needs. Stayed an extra day because we loved the area and this property. It was a lovely hotel, terrific hot breakfast, inviting pool and invigorating hot tub. Close to Mesa Verde park entrance. Will definitely be back to this property, as 2 days was not enough to see the whole area, and this hotel was the best! Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lauriehI3985QZ
brian b, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Cortez, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2020

We appreciate your comments so very much, especially during this difficult pandemic situation! We are aware that many of our colleagues chose to "shut down" or simply "eliminate services" - we chose the much harder path to stay open, conform to the required safety protocols, and continue to serve our loyal guests...the fact that you stayed an extra day confirms that we are on the right track here, and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you soon! Thank you...

Reviewed 13 June 2020 via mobile

Nice big room. Front desk helpful except early am guy on phone too busy to even look at me. Nice rate with Wyndham points. Will use again. Couple good kids doing well with weird breakfast rules. Plenty of good.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments! Our large (actually oversized) rooms are a strong feature here, as well as our staff and their willingness and abilities to deliver positive guest service. We apologize for the busy person on the phone, and hope this was an isolated incident. As you noted, we are working under some "weird rules", especially when it comes to delivery of food service, and we are pleased that they did well during your experience. Thank you for using our Wyndham Rewards program, and please know that we are eagerly anticipating another opportunity to serve you again soon! Thank you!