Lowest prices for your stay
USD 70
USD 66
Expedia.comUSD 82
Econo LodgeUSD 70
Agoda.comUSD 70
All reviews mesa verde decent place to stay gas station guest laundry stay there again nice room road trip first floor mini fridge walmart motel outlets
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

Young man at reception tried to bump me $10 extra for bottom floor so had to climb old outdoor stair. Very average, decent beds, GREAT WATER PRESSURE.
Mesa cede the draw on way to Monument valley. Voice has stay 2 nights get $50 gift card

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2020

Before we made reservations at hotels along our road trip route we looked at numerous reviews others had made to Trip Advisor. The reviews for this particular hotel were good to excellent. So we went ahead and reserved a room here. Boy were we disappointed when we checked into this hotel for the night. The carpet in our room was so dirty and stained we kept our shoes on until we went to bed for the night. The next morning we showered and immediately put our socks and shoes back on just so we did not have to touch the carpet. The sheets on the bed looked clean so no problem there. However. the mattress on the bed was in desperate need of replacing. One half of the mattress, on a king size bed, sunk in so bad that when you laid on it your body sunk down in a hole. Not sure what room others who have reviewed this place had but it certainly must not have been the room we were put in. Overall would rate this place as poor and in need of updating or better cleaning. Traveler beware.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

This is the WORST choice hotel I have ever stayed in. It was late when when we checked in so we didn't really check things out too closely. HUGE MISTAKE! There were spiders/webs in the room and the carpets were disgusting. There were cups for water and a liner for an ice bucket, but no ice bucket. Not a huge deal because we didn't need it anyway. There was a coffee maker and coffee, but no coffee cups. There was soap and make up remover wipes, but no shampoo or conditioner (I bring my own, so again we didn't need it). Then this morning we woke up to bed bugs . When we got to looking around the room in the daylight, it was worse than we thought. There was what looked like blood splatter on one wall. When I checked out, I told the owner and his response was "There shouldn't be anything like that". Your right, there shouldn't, but there is. Cleaning staff should be supervised closer and inspections need to be completed. Choice hotels needs to take their name off of this hotel!! DO NOT STAY HERE! SLEEP IN YOUR CAR BEFORE STAYING HERE!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2020 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel on June 13 to the 14th. We got to the hotel late about 10 PM and before we got to bed I had to smash a spider on the floor of our room just before my 10-month-old son grabbed it. And then as we were getting into bed one of my other kids saw a spider climbing on the bed so I had to smash that one as well.
In the morning I woke up and took two of my kids to get breakfast when I came back my wife had one of the beds pulled away from the wall and I saw a lot of evidence of bedbugs, some of their feces and they’re shedding shells. As I inspected further I found several more bedbugs and bedbug sheds as well as garbage and some nasty looking cocoon thing attached to one of the beds.
I brought this information to the owners attention and he looked at the evidence I showed him and said that it was not bedbugs but it was dust. I told him to get out of the room while I took pictures as evidence of the bed bugs in our room.
I told one of our neighbors about the bedbugs and they searched the room and they also found evidence of bedbugs on their beds. I brought this to the owners attention and he continued to deny that there was any bedbugs. The owner went on to accuse me of bringing bedbugs to his hotel. This just goes to show what kind of person is running this hotel.
I can handle spiders and garbage and uncleanliness to a degree but I cannot overlook bedbugs.
I have attached pictures.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2020

two employees I dealt with were friendly and effecient; however, the place itself was simply a dump. Bottom sheet had small holes, tub was dirty and microwasve had food in it. and paid $81 - not pleasant. Vending machine out of order.

Date of stay: May 2020
Econolodge Cortez, Owner at Econo Lodge Cortez, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2020

Dear Wendy,
Thanks for your for taking out your time for this feedback.
This should help us improve our guest experience in future.
Thanks