See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We spent two weeks traveling the American southeast last year, and budget was a primary concern. I found this hotel on hotels.com for $46/night. I had never been to Hot Springs before, and the area of the city it's in seemed a little run down. but not horribly so. The room actually had a cool feature with a brick wall (pictured), very industrial brownstone style. The best point (besides the price) was Taste of India next door - the food there is AMAZING!
If you're looking for someplace to stay on the cheap, this place is adequate. Rooms were clean, in decent condition. You do have to drive downtown, but it's only a couple miles and parking's free downtown anyway.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a first floor room. There weren't too many other people staying there, so it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valentina T
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I stayed here for two nights. It is no longer a Travelodge. It is still located at 1204 Central Avenue, but is now a Econo Lodge & Suites. When I checked in, they had to move me twice before finding me a room that was satisfactory. The first two had several electrical circuits that weren't working, a television that you couldn't turn on, and did not appear to be clean. The sinks and floor did not appear clean. There were also insects in the bathroom and along the base of the floors in the bedroom.
The person that was working the front desk was friendly, but did not seem to understand how "serious" these issues were. I got to move to a third room only after he called someone at home in the evening. I am presuming it was the owner.
They advertise that there is a breakfast available for purchase: but I didn't see anyone eating there in the mornings. Based on the condition of their rooms: I would go there even it was free.
I don't know if the city of Hot Springs has motel inspectors: but they really need to take a look at this place.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This property is now operating as "Econo Lodge" but I can't imagine the name change has made things any better. Let me start off by saying I don't expect much at this price point. Give me a clean room and decent shower and I'll give you three stars at this price point. We pulled in to this hotel after driving 10 hours and were greeted by a parking lot full of undesirables. The parking lot itself looked like an ash tray. It was already 10:00pm so we figured we would get a good night sleep and start the day off tomorrow. We went to our room and the smell of weed was so overwhelming we immediately ran to Walgreens down the street for Lysol and Clorox wipes. After we got the room disinfected and clean as much as we can we look up to see a cockroach on the wall! I got rid of that, searched for more then decided to take a shower. The handle on the bathroom door was crushed but I was determined to get a shower. The shower had two temperatures scolding hot and as hot as the sun. There were tons of people roaming the parking lot at night and unfortunately for us not all locks on the door were working. After a night of restless sleep we woke up at 6:00am and despite the two nights being non refundable we realized we couldn't sleep there another night. Yes I paid to not stay here!!! That is how bad it is!!! They say they have a breakfast but I'm not eating anything from this place. Do yourself a favor and book another hotel. I would have rather slept in my car!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobaboey
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This place is very run down, It was the only place available at the time so we had to stay here. way overpriced and roaches every where. someone stole the tv remote. I called office and said they would bring one shortly. never saw anyone. I ended up using my phone instead.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DannyS3818
Reviewed 1 April 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge