“Solid Choice”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 14 November 2017

My wife and I have been traveling throughout the Deep South and finding good food hard to find. I wish we had the option of La Hacienda in every town. Clean, good service, tasty food without to much cheesy, gloppy mess. I had the house style shrimp, which was excellent. My wife went for the chilli relleno, which needed the gloppy stuff scraped off, but was ok after that.

Very good beans and rice, decent prices, friendly faces. What else can a traveler ask for?

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Very consistent. Have been coming here for years and good and service are always top shelf. Great lunch menu at 5 to 6 bucks for a terrific meal.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We travel to Hot Springs every summer, and our 1st dinner is usually at our favorite restaurant-La Hacienda. The brightly painted building is just the beginning, as the inside is equally bright, colorful & festive. Large menu, classic Mexican favorites and delicious cocktails. The service here is excellent. Each of the wait staff is attentive to the entire table for the duration of the meal. A++

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We're from Dallas, so we enjoy excellent Mexican and TEX-MEX food there. On this occasion we were staying in Benton, AR. My wife and I were staying across the highway from La Hacienda, which is at the end of a shopping center where there's a Walmart. We decided we'd give it a try. The authenticity began with the personnel who were also very friendly and helpful.
The menu was extensive we ordered some guacamole as an appetizer and it was excellent, as were the chips, which were well seasoned, tasty and crisp (not at all greasy). I ordered the fajita tacos in corn tortillas My wife had the carne asada tacos, also in corn tortilla. The tacos were generously proportioned. with tender and tasty beef and green and red peppers and onions. The tortillas are obviously homemade, fresh and thicker than the prepackaged ones you can get in the store. The rice and beans were good too but, nothing special. In summary both the food and the service was excellent. We really enjoyed it and will return if ever in the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We ate at this restaurant for lunch last Monday. The staff was very friendly and prompt with chips and 3 different salsas. We ordered a queso sauce and guacamole to accompany the chips as well for $4 each. My wife had a combo plate of tacos and enchiladas,and I had 3 chicken enchiladas with rice and refried beans. Both were generous portions.