“Delicious Donuts”

Donut palace
Ranked #5 of 7 Bakeries in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I like the donuts. They are consistently fresh and taste good. I like the fact that they have a drive thru and are open on Mondays!

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Ok the only reason they didn't get 5 stars is they did not have sprinkle donuts. I know it's not a big thing but when you have a three year old that only wants a sprinkle donut it's hard to believe a donut shop doesn't carry them. Over all the best donuts I have ever had. The pineapple and apple fritters are also a must have.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

These ladies who run the Palace are ver kind, the best Breakfast sandwich I've ever had. Homemade all the way

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The apple fritters and the white cream filled long johns with chocolate frosting are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Go early, before they are sold out, or before they close for the day (at 1 pm?). Sometimes I have difficulty telling if Donut Palace is open or closed, so I have to look carefully for the lighted “Open” sign in the front window. There is a side window for convenient drive-up service. I would rate the pastries, service and value as all 5's, but assigned the Donut Palace an overall rating of 4 since the restaurant building itself is not as fancy as those popular franchised coffee shops (so don't expect to find free WiFi or to hang out there all day!) .

Reviewed 4 June 2015

We did a donut shop breakfast on the last morning of our time in Hot Springs. We stopped at the Donut Palace - our second visit; the first time being in January of last year. It is a non-descript place but has some pretty good pastries.

The interesting thing that happened (not a rant) had to do with the lady working there. I am 99% sure that it was the same lady that served us last year - a small, fifty-ish, talkative Asian woman.

Now at this point, it is possible that my memory is flawed.... From what I thought I remembered from our conversation last year, I asked her what part of Vietnam she was from. Her reply was both abrupt and not in a friendly tone “I am not Vietnamese”.

Not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I ask her where she was from. Her, still “not friendly” response “I am an American citizen.; I was born and raised in this country.”

At this point I am puzzled. I had a distinct recollection of talking to her fifteen months ago which included that she was Vietnamese. I remember sharing with her that I spent a year in Vietnam back in the 60s. At least that’s what I think I remember.

Anyway, I apologized saying “I’m sorry if I offended you by thinking that you were from Vietnam.” Her demeanor became quite a bit friendlier and talkative. I had some difficulty understanding a lot of what she said due to 1) my hearing impairment, 2) the speed at which she talked and 3) her accent. However, she did explain to me that she doesn’t like Vietnamese people. “They aren’t cool; they are lighter skinned and short.” And before I had completely formulated the thought in my head that she is a racist, she stated “But I am not a racist”. Somehow I was not convinced. But maybe I misunderstood her.

We went on to talk about other things and parted ways in a friendly manner.

With tax and gratuity: $10.00