“Tamales to Go!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Purchase 1/2 dozen frozen tamales. Freeze 5, take one, cover with chili, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese dip! Oh my goodness, what a yummy treat with a beer. Enough for two. Tortilla chips to scoop. These are the best tamales in the world.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This family owned bbq place was one of my favorites. My boyfriend and I came here over spring break and were so excited to try it. He got the Barnyard sampler, and I got the Tamale Spread. The half plate is more than enough for 2 people. It was SO unique and SO good. One of the tastiest dishes I've had.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Well, we had our regular craving for bar-be-que and drove from Little Rock to Hot Springs, as usual, to get it. It was worth the hour drive.

This small, multigenerational family owned, restaurant has existed for decades and been found, visited and loved by the locals as well as the "rich and famous".

Pork sandwiches will make you want to "slap ya mamma". Don't order a full plate of tamales, a half plate feeds two.

Bar be que that melts in your mouth, brings you back for more and definitely addictictive. The best.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Points to consider:
-Great food - check
-Family business/ not a chain- check
-Off the tourist’s beaten path - check
-Friendly staff - check
-Interesting atmosphere - check

We enjoyed this gem and feel it is worth seeking out at least once on your visit to Hot Springs! Cheers from Canada!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We were hopeful when we saw the vintage building. We sat at the counter area. I ordered the chopped beef plate and my husband the pulled pork sandwich. It came out and we were pleased by the portion size. After my first bite I looked at my husband who had just taken his. We both had a "this is terrible" look on our faces. The beef was chopped to oblivion and covered with BBQ sauce. The meat was dry with no smoke flavor. The BBQ sauce had too much vinegar. The slaw was not good. The sandwich bun was stale. The fries were good and the beans which my husband described as baked beans with a can of Wolf Brand chili added to it were the only thing we ate. I did take the to go boxes with the meat we didn't eat to feed our dog. We will not be back and are bewildered at the hype of this establishment.

2  Thank Cindy W