See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Room dirty bathroom shower dirty prostitution drug dealing ppl begging for money coffee maker had pet hair in it remote to tv didn’t work riff raft outside they need to do some patrol of their property

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Natasha B
Reviewed 4 June 2018

This motel is in need of some repairs and renovated. The metal stairs going up to the second floor NEED to be properly fixed or repaired (they were fixed with treated wood instead of metal). The rooms are in need of renovation, although the bed was comfortable. The bathroom did not have a bathtub just a shower and the toliet seemed to be commerical, very noisy when flushing. The air conditioner was very noisy and took hours to cool off the room. The good things I can say about the motel is the wi-fi worked good and the pool & hot tub area looked clean.

Room Tip: If you want to stay near the track this would be the place to stay, the motel is about 3 blocks away.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I suppose I got what I paid for, and that’s ok... but I still can’t help but be disappointed.

We set up the room a couple months in advance to be sure we got a room over the holiday weekend. I paid for my room in April. We just wanted a place to store our stuff during the day and a place to sleep at night.

The goods: shower was hot, the tv worked great, and even though our neighbors had dogs— we only saw them and never heard them. The parking lot was closed off so I felt comfortable not parking in front of the window (not like that was an option). The beds were somewhat comfy, and the air conditioner worked well.

The ok: I asked for a non smoking room. When I got to the hotel, I was met with a panicked manager and employee. Turns out, the hotel was overbooked and they gave away too many non smoking rooms. My room was set... until the people that had the room the night before decided to “stay over.” So... I lost my room. However, the manager ran around to ensure that my family and the other patrons in the lobby got what they needed.

The ugly: my room was, indeed, non smoking. However, the bathroom reeked of cigarettes. In the night, I woke up several times feeling smothered by cigarette smoke. While my room was non smoking, I am positive that either a) the previous guests smoked in the room, or b)the rooms beside me were smoking rooms, and I got all the joyous second hand smoke. Yay.

The bathroom light was a fluorescent. This means a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night with my toddler was excruciating. First, it’s dark and she refuses to go in. Then three minutes later (as we know how aging fluorescent lights will do), the light blares on suddenly and I can see the future. After the “trauma” to our eyes, it took forever to get my three year old back to sleep.

The electrical plugs around the room are full of lamps or are hidden. So I had one plug that I rotated out to charge phones and tablets with. This includes getting up at 4 am to change things out. The hair dryer is across the wall from the mirror in the bathroom, and the plug in is across the room from the counter. I sat in the floor and used the aforementioned plug, sans mirror, and did my hair while my kids complained that their dying tablets needed juice more than my wet hair needed drying.

The hotel across the lot is a complete eyesore. It was started and never finished. The pool is green and looks like a breeding ground for the Swamp Thing, so beware of that.

I read a review about outdated appliances. This angers me. Why? I had no appliances. No microwave. No mini fridge. Heck, even the armoire that held drawers was broken and had exposed broken wooden shelves that I imagine once held the finer things in life... like outdated appliances.

Which brings me to the continental breakfast. This basically means: warm milk on a counter, a box of cereal, a box of muffins from Kroger, and a sad, lonely, rusty apple. We usually rent hotel rooms that supply some kind of breakfast in order to save money on at least one meal. We ended up eating out each day. Not like we could have gotten milk and cereal from Kroger for the next day. Right. No appliances.

Finally, we left each morning fairly early for our day’s excursion. The housekeeping staff would be out and about. Get home that evening, usually late... and apparently, because we rented the room for multiple days, we were not entitled to maid service or clean towels during our stay. FIRST HOTEL EVER. Look, I can make my own bed. I do it every day. But four people in a hotel room, and tiny floor towels as a bath towel... man they don’t go far. The last day, we were using our personal pool towels to wash our faces. Remind me again as to why I didn’t just camp in the woods?

Also, the housekeeping staff was not friendly. If anything, the woman that cleaned my floor (but not my room, apparently) looked run down, sick of “it”, and angry. I smiled at her on my way out, and she looked right through me. Then I come back to wet towels on the bathroom floor. Forget that girl.

Forget this PLACE. I’ve never stayed in anything extravagant in Hot Springs. No need! I don’t feel like we are crazy picky people. (I’m serious!) We spend days hiking or at the water park and just need some minor first world luxuries like clean linens and a place to plug in our phones. Still... bet I never stay HERE again. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m nursing a terrible upper respiratory infection. (Hey, sometimes people legit need non smoking rooms for health reasons.)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The good: quiet room, hi-def TV. The bad: very poorly maintained. The bed springs sagged and were held in place by boards nailed to the bottom box (see photo). The electric socket on the desk light was blocked by the tine of a broken plug. The ‘breakfast’ was marginal at best, the milk being sour. I’ll stop with that. Why did we stay here? We were exhausted, it looked okay from the street, and I’d checked in and paid without looking at the room. My bad.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David E
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Staff was ok. Rooms are old and some appliances either dont work when you check in or are not included in the room as advertised. The location was next to a half built hotel and liquor store. Breakfast only consists of cereal, juice, coffee and mini muffins.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple