“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Have been here several times when visiting Hot Springs. In the past have been happy with food, but this time not so much. I ordered a pork sandwich with fries; bun was soggy on the plate, bottom half of it soaked with something, falling apart. My husband and I must have been last to get fries, as all we got were a few long fries, and the rest were all tiny short crispy ends. He got ribs which were "alright", but again, have had much better in the past.

1  Thank betty3ne

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I love the meat and choice of the different sauces provided. I was very disappointed in the sides this visit. The baked beans were very soupy. Almost as much juice as beans. The fries were good, but very small serving. I had pork plate and the meat was excellent!! Very tender and tasty. The staff was friendly, but all they do is take your order. Will return because the meat is so good, but sure hope the sides improve. The banana pudding is excellent!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My family and I dine here a few times and month and we have noticed a steady decline in quality of meat, sides, and just about everything including service. Our last visit was the absolute worse. The meat was tasteless, no flavor whatsoever, the sides were small and the service was nonexistent to couldn’t care less. This use to be the best BBQ in town, and we always looked forward to a visit, but not anymore, we will go elsewhere. Not sure if management changed or what the problem is but the food is very tasteless and bland now. Mix that with the bad service and it’s just not worth it. Too many great BBQ joints in Hot Spring to come back here, just sad it has gone down so far as it has.

3  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This place was recommended at the bath house I visited that morning. So I decided to try it. Was glad I did. The BBQ is some of the best I have tasted anywhere.

1  Thank Andy A
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

K loves Smokin In Style BBQ and so I stopped in at lunch and bought some pulled pork with slaw. We had this for dinner and it was good. I was disappointed that it was chopped and not pulled. I like pulled better. The slaw was good. Price was reasonable.

1  Thank Anazeteo