“Good food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The food was spot on. The ribs came right off the bone. 6 different bbq sauces to choose from. Plenty of seating. Good portion sizes. They also have awesome homemade burgers. Well worth the drive.

1  Thank 324taram

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

If I was only rating the food it would be a 5, but I don't give a five if there is not service. The staff was friendly, but there is not much interaction. The BBQ pork was very good, the fries are homemade and beans very good. The choice of sauces makes it overall excellent!! If all that is not enough, the banana pudding is among the best of the best!! Might be the BBQ in Hot Springs!!

1  Thank billbR1864NX
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband had a sampler platter that he could barely finish--and this is a guy who has won those "eat a 74 oz" steak type of things. You can order a reasonably-sized sandwich or whompus amounts of meat, your choice. Well cooked, then you add sauce table side. The sour cream style potato salad (I think they call it "baked potato salad") is good and I am already plotting to bring it to the next family dinner. Casual, laid-back, very friendly atmosphere. They were busy at lunch but we snagged a table without waiting and the food was ready quickly. You place your order at the window, get your drink, and find a table and they call your number. We have tried 3 bbq joints since we arrived here and this is the only one we have returned to.

3  Thank pallinurse
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Smokin' is a staple for us when in Hot Springs.
On this trip, we had the whole family and didn't want to leave the lake to get dressed for dinner or send someone across town to pick up BBQ.
I called and asked for catering/delivery. Our group of 12 was really under their minimum catering, but Joe agreed to bring out our order anyway!
The food arrived on time, as ordered and was amazing!
Ribs, sausage, turkey legs, beans, slaw, potato salad....my mouth is watering writing about it.
If you are in Hot Springs, this is by far the best BBQ in a city famous for BBQ.
The service is just as good as the food!

1  Thank Razorback11
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I rarely trash a place but a collegue and I were on a business trip and we really had a taste for BBQ. This Place was decently rated and was close to our hotel.
I ordered their sampler which had some sausage, ribs, pulled pork, brisket of beef.
They are proud of their potato salad. My colleague ordered the smoked chicken.
The meat arrived luke warm and maybe this was because it was at the end of the night.
I was given some Texas toast which was good and a roll. I noticed a spot on the roll about halfway through the dinner. I thought it was pan grease but it turned out to be green mold.
I had the manager come over and he took the roll and was much too nanchalant about it. Didnt ask me if I wanted to replace it with something or take it off the bill or anything. Just walked in back and I heard him tell one of his workers..."We have moldy rolls" I finished eating after this and my colleague and I both left and went to the hotel . I became sick and it wasnt the roll because I never touched it. Turns out so did my colleague . I think it was the potato salad which tasted good but may have been mishandled in the back of the house. I didnt eat her chicken and she didnt eat my sampler but we both ate my Potato salad.
Bottom line, if you are in Hot Springs and feel like BBQ, I would find something else.
I love BBQ but this "Soured" me on it for the time being. I am sure others who ate their on 7/18 had similar physical discomfort and a non chalant attitude just because you've had a long day is not acceptable.

3  Thank William B