All reviews continental breakfast truck parking motel desk microwave accommodations ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Needing a one nighter at a hotel with tractor trailer parking, this place looked accommodating enough. I was told by the front desk to park my rig in the truck parking off to the side. After about 2 hours in the room, I received a call from the front desk telling me to move my truck - that is was blocking their cameras. I explained at that point I was tired, parked where I was told and having electronic logs, I could not fire up the rig til I had the required down time. Went to sleep after that but then at 10:30 PM, I was called again and this time, the front desk woman, Marcie, yelled at me to move the truck. She was extremely rude, called me a "bed-bugger", swore at me, threatened to call the police and also to kick me out of the hotel. Not a great way to treat ANY guest! If there was a parking issue, it should have been addressed BEFORE I parked the rig. And the position of the cameras was not my concern. The hotel should have placed them properly. I was completely turned off and disgusted with the attitude of Marcie and the way she spoke to me. She needs to be fired!

Room Tip: Make sure you get all specific details about rooms, parking, etc before paying for a room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Basic roadside motel; left a bit to be desired. Rooms looked like they needed a major makeover. Cleanliness was not up to par. Breakfast was a basic continental style with cereal and not much else. Would not recommend

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Friday, March 24, 2017 - Approximately 6:45pm. Another long day on the road, traveling from Kinston, NC to Chillicothe, OH. We just needed to clear WV and get into Ohio. We are presently on our way to Illinois for a job.

There are plenty of places to stay, but the problem is, for the price we can afford, the reviews aren't all that great. Some are quite frightening actually. But this motel had good reviews and the price was acceptable.

Chillicothe is a town with 3 prison facilities, so motels set their prices higher because of all the visitors coming to see inmates, etc. For just regular people passing through, we get the downside of that deal.

We waited until we got into town before doing anything. In cases like this I like to see the room first and I'm glad we did. We looked at two rooms. Room 72 which faces the Highway and Room 53 which faces the truckstop and parking area.

These rooms are basically very small for the accommodations that are in them. You can't make the rooms bigger, but in today's times certain amenities are expected. It's a no win situation.

We settled on Room 53 because there was less noise.

Our hostess for the evening was Marcie (spelling). She was very nice, gracious and professional. She was willing to let us see several rooms and in the end before actually assigning a room, she gave us a 3rd option. Room 125, a few doors down from the office on the backside of the office. We could still hear the trucks idling during the night, but overall it was quiet enough.

King size bed, non-smoking room. $60.00 plus tax = $68.70 out the door.

The room overall is nice. The bathroom is SMALL. Very small. Tiny. One person in the shower at a time. Very little walking room. The water pressure is good, until you turn on the shower. It's low flow and sprinkles out. it gets nice and hot, but no real shower pressure. The bathroom vanity is tiny. No real space around the sink.

The bed was soft. Comfortable, but soft. It wasn't a pillow top mattress. It just wasn't a firm, hard mattress. So keep that in mind if you like a firm, hard mattress.

If you are using the desk, the chair will block the way between the bed and the TV.

The fridge was cold and the microwave worked. The A/C worked well.

TV - they have cable.

The Continental Breakfast

For those of you who like their coffee black - you won't like this coffee. It is very weak. Watered down. And doesn't taste all that well. This seems to be a regular occurrence these days at most places. This one was no different.

The waffles are Eggo's. The rest is all dry store stuff. Things you add water to and microwave.

For one night, this did what it needed to do. Would we stay here again? Yeah, for a night or so, but no more.

Room Tip: Look at the room before paying money.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pass-N-Through
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We have been here before and it keeps improving. The manager is very nice.We had an extremely bad experience in Hocking Hills and knew we could get great service here.We had a double room and a king room.Both were very clean and the beds were super comfortable.No stained carpet or beds like some budget places.The rooms also smelled fresh and the restrooms were very clean. No noise from other rooms.The only noise was from car doors.We always give this place a great review because we can depend on it .Thumbs Up!

Room Tip: All room locations are great.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2016

This motel was easily accessed from an exit of US-35. This motel has rooms that are accessed from the parking lot. We were able to park right by our door. The evening desk clerk was chatty and friendly and told us how to find sit-down-service restaurants that we preferred over the nearby fast food restaurants.

Our room had two very comfortable Queen beds, a refrigerator, microwave, bench, dresser, large TV, desk with a chair, and an easy air conditioner / heater unit. The floor was carpeted.

The bathroom was small. It was difficult to get out of the way of the door while closing it. There was hot water and good pressure in the shower.

There are fast food restaurants near the motel - a Wendy's and a McDonald's.. For full service restaurants, take US-35 north one exit to Bridge Street. Stay left until past the right side fork to another highway. Then exit to the right onto Bridge Street. We ate supper at a Bob Evans, which was next to an IHOP.

I wasn't familiar with this brand of motel, but I'd recommend it or visit it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back parking lot. The rooms are accessed from outside, and the back of the building is quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple