“Pretty good”

Calamander Lake Gregory
Ranked #42 of 57 Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner as were struggling to find somewhere to eat without walking back to town or getting a ride. I have to say the food was really good my wife had a veggie pizza and I had the mee goreng both came out very quickly and were hot. We were the only ones sat outside but the waiter kept coming to check if we needed anything. We also had dessert of crepes both again really good.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lakeside setting with indoor and outdoor eating areas. The most we've paid for a meal to date in Sri Lanka. Having said that, the food was delicious and very well presented. Friendly staff. Recommended.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

During a roundtrip our driver brought us to this place. The restaurant is directly on the lake. It is possible to stay inside or outside.
The prices are much higher than on other places. So I would also expect some quality
We ordered a burger and biriyani. You can get a better burger on each petrol station in Europe for less money. The biryani was also doubtful. The rice was totally mushy. From my point it was really the worst food I had on Sri Lanka.
The waiters are very friendly, but also very busy and try to do their best. But it looks that the payment they get doesn't values this. Theirs clothes are partially not in a good shape. I'm really sorry for this guys.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered stuff off the Sri Lankan menu, the pizza menu, and the sandwiches, and it was consistently bad and expensive. The fresh papaya juice was good though.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We were lucky and visited Calamander on a nice sunny sunny day. The setting is very English Green’ish and we certainly enjoyed the nice outdoor area.

For the price the food was average at best. The hamburgers were ordinary and the pizza was ok. The service was fair and I did feel sorry for the waiter who repeatedly had to inform us that the kitchen had run out of the items we selected.

It would have been lovely to have a nice beer or wine and spend the afternoon on the green however, that option is not available so once lunch was over we decided to move elsewhere.

Would recommend coming here for the view and the outdoor area but certainly not for the food.